Digital Region Community Support Forum
Small Forum Changes - Printable Version

+- Digital Region Community Support Forum (https://drlforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Website & The Lounge Lobby (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Small Forum Changes (/showthread.php?tid=150)

Small Forum Changes - SpencerUk - 14-04-2012 09:14 PM

Hi all,

Following my recent post about adding in the British language back to the forum, some other small changes will come in too. These are not really major changes, but I like to keep people informed and where we are at!

What's Done
  • Gone is the "Help Me" subforum. I looked at it and thought to myself, "what's the point?". This is now just merged into the "Chit Chat" forum. It may come back in future, but I doubt it.
  • In your profile field, you will see a field which says "Digital Region ISP". I thought it would be nice to add it in. It also gives me and my team a rough idea where our userbase is at. Naturally, the majority will be ASK4 (due to the RiPWiRE migration), but I like to see if other new members are also with them.
  • Of course, we have also added the British Language pack. It was personally annoying me and I wanted to get this changed lol.
  • Some may have noticed, but earlier in the week, the forum went down for a short time. This was to update to the latest release of the forum. From what the change logs say, it was mainly bug fixes.

In The Pipeline
  • Potential Twitter integration. It's not really designed for the users on here, but more for getting attention from the Twitter world about Digital Region and this forum.
  • Potential Digital Region package selector. Funny title, I know. Working on it. It's something I had on my mind when I rebranded the forum but then literally threw it into my bin as I thought there was no need. The more I think about it, I still stand by that choice, but if I get some time, it may help potential customers join the network and let us grow Cool
  • I'm thinking of running a trial which will involve me most likely footing the cost and sending a piece of hardware out to a user to test. Would be basically a different VDSL2 modem. Not ran the idea past @mattyatty1 or @midragon yet. So it's very, very early doors!. Would anyone be interested in being a test subject?

In Other News

What do you want from us?. Is there anything we can do to make this forum better?.

I know everyone is craving for a service status page. We have asked ISP's and Digital Region and we are still at a dead end. We won't give up!.