Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
a few questions for ASK4
01-03-2012, 09:13 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2012 09:58 PM by aceado.)
a few questions for ASK4
Hi i have few questions for @ASK4 @Jody-ASK4,

I've found out my connection can handle a much faster connection at the moment am averaging about 30mb/s up and before it was around 16-18mb/s I've been on the phone with ask4 to tweak the profile abit more to my liking which is great. whiles i was on the phone i was told noise cancelling has been turned off and i would like to know abit more info about this. also any news on the 17a profile (80/20) which "should" be using noise cancelling and wondering if this would still help to get a greater speed then what am getting at the moment but at a later date once this profile is available ?

a very interesting read http://www.alcatel-lucent.com/vdsl2-vectoring/

many thanks Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2012, 10:26 PM
RE: a few questions for ASK4
I'm also interested in the "17a Profile" situation. No answer in 5 days from Ask4, NDA preventing a reply? Smile
05-03-2012, 11:34 PM
not sure but i would like to know aswell
06-03-2012, 11:26 AM
I think before people start pushing Ask4 in relation to the 17a profile we allow them to ensure their current system is working as intended since the migration. It could also be a few months before this is activated anyway as trials will need to take place.

Mirdragon
Forum Moderator

ISP: BT|Modem:HG612 (Modded)|Router: Smoothwall|Sync: 68Mbit/18Mbit
Network: HP Procurve|4 x TP-Link AP
Mobile: Nexus 4+6|Tab 3 8"|Asus VivoTab+Transformer TF101
Media Services: SkyHD|Xbox One|ChromeBox (OpenElec)|Samsung BDH6500|Youview|Netflix
06-03-2012, 12:25 PM
(01-03-2012 09:13 PM)aceado Wrote:  Hi i have few questions for @ASK4 @Jody-ASK4,

I've found out my connection can handle a much faster connection at the moment am averaging about 30mb/s up and before it was around 16-18mb/s I've been on the phone with ask4 to tweak the profile abit more to my liking which is great. whiles i was on the phone i was told noise cancelling has been turned off and i would like to know abit more info about this. also any news on the 17a profile (80/20) which "should" be using noise cancelling and wondering if this would still help to get a greater speed then what am getting at the moment but at a later date once this profile is available ?

a very interesting read http://www.alcatel-lucent.com/vdsl2-vectoring/

many thanks Smile

Noise cancellation/vectoring from what I understand is where interference is monitored across a bunch of circuits and from this a noise cancellation signal is derived for each pair which when applied removes crosstalk. How well this works in real life I'm not sure as we don't deal with the DSL side, Thales do. Support should be able to question Thales on why they've had to disable noise cancellation..... in theory having it enabled should give you a better connection, not worse.

We will be testing 17a with some of our customers in the near future, one of the aims of this is to see if we are able to improve the performance of the circuits that aren't currently seeing that much benefit from being on VDSL over ADSL as well as seeing if we can start pushing greater top speeds. We're still at a planning stage at present and as mirdragon has stated, we want to give our new platform a little time to bed in so we have some baseline metrics for how it behaves before we go and put a bunch of people on 17a.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)