Next Gen Console Deals
12-10-2013, 08:19 PM
Next Gen Console Deals
Hi Guys, has anyone found any good deals for xbox one and ps4 yet?

best i can see is tesco through quidco for 4.5% cash back.

post your deals here!

Ta

john22rob

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2013, 10:48 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2013 10:57 PM by SpencerUk.)
RE: Next Gen Console Deals
Cheapest I've found @john22rob is £329.97 for Ps4 console on its own.

I assume Gamestop would offer cashback, not 100% sure though.

I'm getting Ps4 console, extra controller and ps4 camera with Killzone for £280 (should be £450) at GAME..Will be trading in KillZone for WatchDogs probably.

EDIT: TopCashBack offering 5.05% on online purchases so would make a Ps4 £313.30 which is a steal

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-10-2013, 11:10 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2013 11:11 PM by john22rob.)
how are you getting the ps4 so cheap? also i'm looking at joining topcashback, anyone like to refer me?

Also for my sins(again with COD) i'm an xbox gamer and i think i'm gunna stick with it

12-10-2013, 11:21 PM
Well here's your referral link

Well I'm the hero Yorkshire deserves but not the one it needs Wink

I know the staff at GAME very well.

If I want to buy a VCR player, I will look to ebay as I'm sure they are cheaper than £429 for just the console!...Get on the Playstation lad!.

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
12-10-2013, 11:27 PM
all my mates have an xbox and are going for the xbox one, plus as i'm into COD, xbox gets the map packs first. ive never seen xbox live go down for weeks or even days. and i need a decent dvd player lol

13-10-2013, 12:17 PM
(12-10-2013 11:21 PM)SpencerUk Wrote:  If I want to buy a VCR player, I will look to ebay as I'm sure they are cheaper than £429

LOL!!! ive got one under my bed in a box u can have LMFAO

Ash

[Image: 4173472130.png][Image: 8115047.png]
13-10-2013, 04:55 PM (This post was last modified: 13-10-2013 04:58 PM by alexatkin.)
(12-10-2013 11:27 PM)john22rob Wrote:  all my mates have an xbox and are going for the xbox one, plus as i'm into COD, xbox gets the map packs first. ive never seen xbox live go down for weeks or even days. and i need a decent dvd player lol

Makes sense for CoD I suppose but I am surprised so many people would be sticking with Xbox.

All my friends have Xbox 360 as their main console also but that was purely down to cost. With the PS4 being the cheaper console, I am fairly certain when they finally make the switch it will be to PS4. Sony also have a LOT of indie support, and as so-called AAA games get more and more expensive to make, I think a lot of new gems will come from the indie scene (they already have). It already did on XBLA, but Microsoft have made it much harder for them to break into the market there. The support for PS4 has been quite high with smaller developers and I'm sure at least a few gems will come from that.

Xbox 360 was my main console and I loved it, but Microsoft seem to have totally lost their way IMO. I knew it was coming when they closed Gamerscore Blog in favour of just Major Nelson, the interaction with their customers had evaporated. I'm not about to put my gaming future into a console that they REALLY want to drop support for second-hand games on. Yes they backtracked on it due to public backlash, but if you read between the lines its clear they STILL want to follow that route and there is no telling what changes they could slowly migrate into the service over time. I don't think Sony would dare make that move, their position is too fragile.

Quite frankly, I don't trust them any more, plus I think its disgusting they lock paid services behind the Xbox Live Gold paywall, even if you only need a single gold account per console on Xbox One. I would rather start again with my friends list than tie myself to a company like that.

There is also the fact I have several games now that I bought on PS3 and got on Vita bundled for free, some of those will be upgradable to PS4 for a small fee (Pinball Arcade). Microsoft however still insist that any arcade games you buy on Xbox you have to buy again on PC or your phone. They could have KILLED if they made casual games cross-buy, but they had years to do that so I'm not hopeful. Shortly after I got Xbox 360 I also bought a Windows Mobile after they promised to bring Xbox over to it. They never did of course, instead they dropped the platform in favour of Windows Phone. A good decision, but another case of where they failed to deliver as promised. When you look back, you see a history of Microsoft not learning from their mistakes and just ignoring their customers to do their own thing.

Sony made a lot of mistakes too of course, but at least they are actually listening to their customers now. It might be out of desperation to claw back the market, but that really doesn't matter if the end result is a console that favours what I want over some corporate BS.

I do expect to get Xbox One eventually, but I do not think it will be my main platform this time around. There is also the fact if I made the switch immediately, I could never play any of my Xbox 360 Kinect games, as I can only fit one Kinect above the TV and swapping them around all the time would be a pain.

[Image: alexatkin.png][Image: referral-ad-120x60.png]
14-10-2013, 12:14 PM
@jogn22rob

If you are THAT desperate for an XboxOne ToysRUs are doing it the console for £419.99. With cashback its about £407

Couple of things I would consider though

- Can't upgrade the internal HDD on XboxOne..I don't think 500GB will be enough..Games are getting bigger and with the ability to purchase games online through stores will need atleast 1TB
- Will be less indie games if thats your thing
- TurtleBeach accessories will not work..new line specifically coming out for em
- As Alex says, most services are locked behind Gold Xbox Live
- Xbox One is actually bigger than the first gen Ps3! (yes thats right)
- Less processing power than Ps4 too.

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
14-10-2013, 12:57 PM
(14-10-2013 12:14 PM)SpencerUk Wrote:  @jogn22rob

If you are THAT desperate for an XboxOne ToysRUs are doing it the console for £419.99. With cashback its about £407

Couple of things I would consider though

- Can't upgrade the internal HDD on XboxOne..I don't think 500GB will be enough..Games are getting bigger and with the ability to purchase games online through stores will need atleast 1TB
- Will be less indie games if thats your thing
- TurtleBeach accessories will not work..new line specifically coming out for em
- As Alex says, most services are locked behind Gold Xbox Live
- Xbox One is actually bigger than the first gen Ps3! (yes thats right)
- Less processing power than Ps4 too.

you forgot slower ram and inferior gfx card Big Grin

Ash

[Image: 4173472130.png][Image: 8115047.png]
14-10-2013, 01:14 PM
I would have thought that came under less processing power Wink

Total cost of an Xbox One
£419.99 Console
£50 Game
£40 Xbox Live
= £509.99

Cost of Ps4 with console, extra controller, camera and game with 14 days subscription £450...can get 15 months PSN subscription for £38 I believe too.

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)