Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Forum Server Move
02-01-2014, 02:11 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2014 02:12 PM by Chalky.)
Forum Server Move
Hi all,

On Monday 30th December, you may have noticed that the Forum was unavailable for approximately an hour and a half depending on how quickly your ISP (or Google DNS/OpenDNS) updates their records.

This was so that we could move the Forum to a new Server and also install the latest MyBB update.

The reasons for moving the Forum have probably become evident to most regular users to the forum. The old Server had developed a couple of issues which resulted in us not being able to update the server and that after each daily backup, the server would fail to remove the Temporary Files associated with the backup and would therefore fill it's Hard Drive completely leaving no room for the Temporary Files that are created every time someone accesses the Forum.

The new server is running much more smoothly than the old server and has more resources available to it and doesn't have the same backup issue.

I have noticed the forum seems to run as quick as ever and have also noticed that the New Reply e-mails are also working again, something I've been missing but had not yet been able to get to the bottom of:

I hope the new Server will 'serve' us well over the coming months.

Whilst we're on a drive to make things better, if any of you have any suggestions or ideas for the forum, to perhaps spark a bit more activity, please don't hesitate to reply here, or if you want to make the idea more private, send me a PM or even drop me an e-mail using the links at the bottom of this post.

ISP: Plusnet | Router: Mikrotik 2011UAS-2HnD-IN | Sync: 50Mbit/15Mbit | PCP: 600m | Exchange: Mosborough
Server: HP Microserver, Aspire V5-171
PC: MacBook Pro, ThinkPad X220
OD: Plex, Chromecast, Roku 2 XS, NowTV, YouView, PS4
Mobile: iPad, LG G3, Nexus 5

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2014, 02:53 PM
RE: Forum Server Move
good luck with the new server i had noticed the old one had been having a few issues as of late, on the reply emails ive always had them so possibly only affecter some users ?

Ash

[Image: 4173472130.png][Image: 8115047.png]
Find all posts by this user
03-01-2014, 03:02 PM
RE: Forum Server Move
Glad that the Reply e-mails have kept working for you, they stopped some time ago on my Google Apps account.

ISP: Plusnet | Router: Mikrotik 2011UAS-2HnD-IN | Sync: 50Mbit/15Mbit | PCP: 600m | Exchange: Mosborough
Server: HP Microserver, Aspire V5-171
PC: MacBook Pro, ThinkPad X220
OD: Plex, Chromecast, Roku 2 XS, NowTV, YouView, PS4
Mobile: iPad, LG G3, Nexus 5

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)