Thread Closed 
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Moved from Chess to DamTel?
28-01-2014, 11:03 AM
RE: Moved from Chess to DamTel?
Hi Spencer,
This has nothing to do with Chess and we should all apologise for even being on your board but your board comes up strong when you search for Damtel.
One good thing it`ll drive clicks to you.
Sorry, i was just trying to help these people out, it must be awful for someone who`s running an Internet based business
Find all posts by this user
28-01-2014, 11:10 AM
JUst got off the line with Nine Group/Telecom. They said that our lines are currently in out-of-service mode. However, after today they will put in a request for a Cease of line. Under the current state, you can still keep your existing number so must act quick before it is lost completely. They only lock you into a 30 day rolling contract so you can still find an alternative at a later date but they promise their prices are cheaper or at worse the same as your current pricing. Take a pinch of salt if you so wish but under my current circumstances I am willing to take the risk. Cannot think how much worse can it get than it already is.
28-01-2014, 11:17 AM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2014 10:32 PM by southender.)
Great news, i wish you all the best, we did read the letter from Nine and i`m sure what you`ve been told was in the small print on one of the pages they sent, my friend would have done the same as you in your position but felt as he`s winding down he didn`t have the volume of calls to justify it.
Lets hope others read this and get some relief from this fiasco.
28-01-2014, 11:18 AM (This post was last modified: 28-01-2014 11:24 AM by Irratecaller.)
I too apologise for taking over this board but there is a Chess link. The way I now understand it is. Nine Group are the wholesalers. Chess and DamTel are the providers and resell the line to us end-users. Chess and Damtel were once associated. DamTel subsequently sold the rights to our lines to Chess. Recently, DamTel have been moving control of our lines back to themselves from Chess.

Please allow this thread to continue so that many others are aware of the situations and can go some way of resolving their problem. We are experiencing our 5th day of no phone line and it has ruined our business completely.

**UPDATE**

Line is back up and running already!!!! Took them less that 15 minutes to remove the bar! Just agreed to a verbal agreement with them on the phone for a 30 day rolling contract. Not even signed the papers they emailing to us yet and the line has been fixed!
28-01-2014, 12:17 PM
(28-01-2014 11:18 AM)Irratecaller Wrote:  I too apologise for taking over this board but there is a Chess link. The way I now understand it is. Nine Group are the wholesalers. Chess and DamTel are the providers and resell the line to us end-users. Chess and Damtel were once associated. DamTel subsequently sold the rights to our lines to Chess. Recently, DamTel have been moving control of our lines back to themselves from Chess.

Please allow this thread to continue so that many others are aware of the situations and can go some way of resolving their problem. We are experiencing our 5th day of no phone line and it has ruined our business completely.

The way these customers are being treated sounds all to familiar to how LittleBigOne customers were treated when moving over to Chess, poor communications, incorrect billing, etc. If the forums members, moderators and fellow administrators are happy for the conversation to continue then from a server standpoint, I'm more than happy to help the wider community with this problem.

ISP: Plusnet | Router: Mikrotik 2011UAS-2HnD-IN | Sync: 50Mbit/15Mbit | PCP: 600m | Exchange: Mosborough
Server: HP Microserver, Aspire V5-171
PC: MacBook Pro, ThinkPad X220
OD: Plex, Chromecast, Roku 2 XS, NowTV, YouView, PS4
Mobile: iPad, LG G3, Nexus 5

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-01-2014, 01:31 PM
+1

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-01-2014, 04:18 PM
As I understand it, Nine were the wholesalers to DamTel and DamTel have not paid Nine for their services so Nine have taken over the lines to protect their income stream. I had to sign, scan and return contracts to Nine for a rolling daily contract which can be terminated at any time without cost or liability. It took less than an hour Nine to restore my lines to use. I only wish that Nine had made the position clearer in their initial email then I wouldn't have thought it another scam.

Inspite of some reservations about Chess, I have decided to return to them as soon as I can arrange it. Better the devil you know?
28-01-2014, 04:26 PM
Sounds great ATALOSS,
I wonder how people will stand now, my friend is worried that Damtel will want the £300 plus vat fee for cancelling the contract with them early.
28-01-2014, 04:41 PM
My position with DamTel is that they are in breach of contract for failing to supply a telecoms service. The proof is that Nine Telecom are in control of my lines and took less than an hour to restore them. DamTel fobbed me off for over a week so they haven't a leg to stand on. My advice is to just pay DamTel for the services they have actually suypplied (if any!) and let them chase for any termination/administration fees. I took this stance with Unicom a few years back when they tried to screw me (unreasonably in my view) for termination fees. I took me 18 months but eventually they backed down.
28-01-2014, 06:26 PM (This post was last modified: 28-01-2014 06:43 PM by Irratecaller.)
Good to hear yours is sorted out ATALOSS. If DamTel have the cheek to chase me up for the termination fee, I will just tell them exactly where to stick it. However, they originally told me they would bear any costs involved when I moved from Chess to them. I subsequently got a bill from Chess for a termination fee which DamTel said at the time they will sort out. Nothing has been done by them so far and in light of recent activity they are highly unlikely to do anything in future. So now I still have a termination fee of £471 to Chess outstanding. Do any of you have the same thing? And what have you done if anything about it? Are you returning to Chess to avoid the fee. Ofcom comfirmed that Nine Group are a legitimate phone line wholesaler and DamTel and Chess are both just resellers. I'm more inclined to stick with the bigger player and their charges are less than both DamTel and Chess.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed 

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)