Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Close Date Announced
13-02-2014, 10:04 AM
RE: Close Date Announced
(13-02-2014 12:18 AM)john22rob Wrote:  i think your a pessimist, i predict i will be told i'm dropping down to 4meg Sad

If they tell me that I might even celebrate! It's twice the best speed I had before Origin Sad

Barrie_____________________________________
Dreaming the Life rather than Living the Dream Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2014, 01:50 PM
(13-02-2014 10:04 AM)essenby Wrote:  
(13-02-2014 12:18 AM)john22rob Wrote:  i think your a pessimist, i predict i will be told i'm dropping down to 4meg Sad

If they tell me that I might even celebrate! It's twice the best speed I had before Origin Sad

Same here..in fact when I was with BT I was lucky to get 1.5mb.It went up to around 2.5mb with O2 LLU.

Phil.
13-02-2014, 10:58 PM
It is indeed pretty sad that now Be no longer exists, some people could end up on WORSE connections than before they joined DR.

When BT first enabled Max on my line I would sync around 4.5MBit most of the time, but would never go long enough without a resync to get a profile higher than 3Mbit thanks to DLM.

When I switched to Be I could consistently get 5.5Mbit by forcing a fastpath and 3dB SNRM profile. A few times I had to temporarily tweak the SNRM because of a bad patch of interference, probably road works, but generally it was solid.

[Image: alexatkin.png][Image: referral-ad-120x60.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-02-2014, 11:16 AM
I keep nervously checking every half hour lol

[Image: john22rob.png]

http://www.quidco.com/user/1417009/232503
14-02-2014, 12:11 PM
Compulsive isn't it ? Confused

Barrie_____________________________________
Dreaming the Life rather than Living the Dream Big Grin
14-02-2014, 03:33 PM
very enssenby!
I would not want to go back to ADSL i got 1.5mb on a good day with a tailing wind!
14-02-2014, 05:45 PM
Still nothing, mmm

[Image: john22rob.png]

http://www.quidco.com/user/1417009/232503
11-03-2014, 04:10 PM
The real fun begins when ISPs like Origin go to migrate customers and realise that there's no port capacity available on the BT network for FTTC/ADSL services on some exchanges and no planned dates for increasing it either - as that means unless TTB has port capacity available and the ISP has a setup with TTB they won't be able to connect those customers and they'll be left with no service at all!

This happened recently with us on an exchange where we had an O2 Wholesale LLU line - they were closing down, so we needed to migrate it, BT had no capacity for FTTC or ADSL on the exchange. Fortunately we were able to connect it up to a TTB LLU. I hope Origin et. al. have thought of this in advance and aren't just assuming when they come to migrate customers that there will be capacity for them.

Leased Lines - You know you want one! Smile
11-03-2014, 11:07 PM
(11-03-2014 04:10 PM)KarlAustin Wrote:  The real fun begins when ISPs like Origin go to migrate customers and realise that there's no port capacity available on the BT network for FTTC/ADSL services on some exchanges and no planned dates for increasing it either - as that means unless TTB has port capacity available and the ISP has a setup with TTB they won't be able to connect those customers and they'll be left with no service at all!

This happened recently with us on an exchange where we had an O2 Wholesale LLU line - they were closing down, so we needed to migrate it, BT had no capacity for FTTC or ADSL on the exchange. Fortunately we were able to connect it up to a TTB LLU. I hope Origin et. al. have thought of this in advance and aren't just assuming when they come to migrate customers that there will be capacity for them.

That did occur to me too as plenty of people seem to have taken up BT/Sky round here since the cabinet went live. Not sure all of them are actually on Fibre, but its still a real possibility.

[Image: alexatkin.png][Image: referral-ad-120x60.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-03-2014, 12:16 PM
(11-03-2014 04:10 PM)KarlAustin Wrote:  I hope Origin et. al. have thought of this in advance and aren't just assuming when they come to migrate customers that there will be capacity for them.

Maybe they're busy thinking about it right now, that's why they're not responding to our queries here Big Grin
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)