Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Close Date Announced
14-03-2014, 11:22 AM
RE: Close Date Announced
Just had a "chat" with TT through their online chat service, asking what sort of products they offer and the speed range I could reasonably expect, that sort of stuff. Of course, FTTC is not an option on my exchange but, out of devilment, I asked if they had any forecast for this. I was told "We hope to be are looking at this by the end of this year"! I then queried whether they meant looking at providing FTTC or looking at when they would be able to provide FTTC and i was told "Looking at providing it"!!!!

Now I realise that these front line people are prone to "misinterpreting" the information they are given, but there was a long pause between my query and the response, as if they were consulting another authority. However - I won't hold my breath but it would be useful if anyone else on the Attercliffe exchange had the time to go through a similar conversation with TT and see what results they are given?

Just a thought.

Barrie_____________________________________
Dreaming the Life rather than Living the Dream Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-03-2014, 06:48 PM
TT aren't going to be the ones laying down fibre, nor will they be privy to any information we're not aware of.
17-03-2014, 11:20 PM
I doubt TT will ever go down the SLU route, it's such a messed up process as Openreach proved by screwing up pretty much every single migration from 20/21CN/LLU over to SLU. TT won't know anything more than anyone else.

Leased Lines - You know you want one! Smile
18-03-2014, 12:47 PM
Quote: MAC migrations do work for those leaving Digital Region providers
Tuesday 18 March 2014 11:22:49 by Andrew Ferguson
The migration of the 3,000 Digital Region customers away from the network that is due to close is underway and when they have all left this will close the chapter on a failed attempt to operate a municipal network like some other European areas have managed.

We gave some advice for those looking to migrate away back in February and Openreach themselves have also produced a short guide that features the full suite of industry acronyms.

Ask4 has confirmed today that the first person to get a valid MAC (Migration Authorisation Cade) appears to have successfully switched provider on Monday 17th March. There are issues with some providers when checking the validity of the manually generated MAC, which is usually solved once people get through to someone who can do more than repeat 'computer says no'.

For those looking to jump direct from FTTC via Digital Region to FTTC via Openreach then there is still no migration path and a cease and provide are the only option. So for those where connectivity is more important than absolute speed, the route of migrating to an ADSL2+ service may be the better option.

Confusing....Huh

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/6362-...iders.html

Phil.
18-03-2014, 02:02 PM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2014 02:04 PM by Hippojay.)
(18-03-2014 12:47 PM)Ray_Von Wrote:  Confusing....Huh

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/6362-...iders.html

I raised this with TBB and they have altered the story. It is only for DRL to Openreach ADSL2+ migrations, NOT DRL fttc->OR fttc migrations..

Perhaps it does leave the door open to migration of FTTC at somepoint.
18-03-2014, 02:17 PM
Origin have confirmed to me that what the time comes and the sky goes dark, should I want or need to move to another ASDL provider, then a MAC code can be provided.

Barrie_____________________________________
Dreaming the Life rather than Living the Dream Big Grin
18-03-2014, 10:33 PM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2014 10:36 PM by alexatkin.)
Well it was always going to be possible once Origin have migrated people over from DR to BT, the question was if it can be done before which the above would suggest you can.

[Image: alexatkin.png][Image: referral-ad-120x60.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-03-2014, 10:07 AM
The biggest concern right now, is how little information is coming out of Origin, and the change in attitude at BT about increasing capacity on their wholesale network.

We'll be leaving Origin sometime soon, we can't take the risk that we'll be left without a working service again.

Leased Lines - You know you want one! Smile
22-03-2014, 12:22 PM
(22-03-2014 10:07 AM)KarlAustin Wrote:  The biggest concern right now, is how little information is coming out of Origin, and the change in attitude at BT about increasing capacity on their wholesale network.

We'll be leaving Origin sometime soon, we can't take the risk that we'll be left without a working service again.

I doubt we will hear anything till their revamped website goes live.When that will happen will be anyones guess.Origin keep their cards close to their chest but not keeping existing customers in the loop will not do them any favours because a lot of their customer base will be already looking to jump ship due to lack of information.

Phil.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)