Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
When contract expires
18-02-2014, 06:49 PM
When contract expires
My contract with LBO/Chess expires on the 13th of May 2014. With the closure date set of 2 days later I guess this is a good thing.

So I am wondering what people think is the best method to switch would be?

Currently I am thinking about this...

I live in Bolton upon Dearne. Apparently the Goldthorpe exchange will be BT Infinity enabled sometime soon. Feb 2014-March 2014 estimate, but even if it is later, it looks like it 'will' at least happen this year. Normally my ADSL2+ speed would be about 4.5/5Mbit down. I don't mind this hit knowing that FTTC will be coming soon.

Anyway, should I even bother trying to 'switch' ISP? I'm thinking I should just let this line expire and give the 30 days notice in April. Then set up a new line order with BT in April. Since they offer free new line installations according to their website.

Plus if there is any downtime I have a mobile hotspot.

Seems the most hassle free? Or does anyone see any problem with this that I don't?

Cheers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2014, 04:22 PM
RE: When contract expires
@rhole, I would give the 30 days notice on 13th March so it gives you breathing space so you can get your migration process sorted out.

With migration assistance, there's a cute article on ThinkBroadband helping out on this

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)