Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
South Yorkshire Broadband - LEP Consultation
26-02-2014, 01:50 PM
South Yorkshire Broadband - LEP Consultation
Sorry if this is old.

I thought I would try to get some new information following the recent announcement of extra BDUK funding for South Yorkshire. I thought the Yorkshire Post would be a good place to go (They seem to love posting about the failure of DRL)

Yep, found this: http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/main...-1-6462621

Although the focus of this article is on North Yorkshire, there is a snippet of information on South Yorkshire:
Quote:South Yorkshire’s local enterprise partnership is now co-ordinating discussions on how best the county can meet the Government’s 95 per cent target.
I never heard of this LEP group before, found this website:
http://www.sheffieldcityregion.org.uk/sy...broadband/

Apparently a public consultation is running from 17th February to 17th March.

http://www.sheffieldcityregion.org.uk/wp...tation.pdf

Reading...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2014, 03:46 PM
RE: South Yorkshire Broadband - LEP Consultation
I have emailed all 3 local councilors for my ward bringing to their attention the "rural" type connction speeds being suffered by the population of these "city centre" exchanges. I asked for clarification of what areas etc would be reviewed but I'm not holding my breath. Sad

Barrie_____________________________________
Dreaming the Life rather than Living the Dream Big Grin
26-02-2014, 11:32 PM
(26-02-2014 03:46 PM)essenby Wrote:  I have emailed all 3 local councilors for my ward bringing to their attention the "rural" type connction speeds being suffered by the population of these "city centre" exchanges. I asked for clarification of what areas etc would be reviewed but I'm not holding my breath. Sad

Me too,once again I have emailed Clive Betts,but am expecting the usual 'stock' response.Sad

Phil.
27-02-2014, 01:56 PM
In all honesty, having read the document, whether we get any leverage or pull from our elected representatives is largely irrelevant.

According to the Executive Summary, the LEP is:-
  • "embarking on a Superfast broadband project to deliver improved broadband infrastructure to areas where it is acknowledged that the market is unlikely to deliver Superfast broadband and will likely remain so until 2017"

This sounds encouraging until you read in Annexe D - the Glossary:-
  • "Superfast broadband (SFBB) - Broadband which delivers download speeds of at least 2Mbps"

2Mbps? That's NOT SuperFast BB! It's not even Fast BB! They're taking the "P" right?

27-02-2014, 07:58 PM
That has to be a typo, surely? 20Mbps would be a fair cut off.

God knows. My only thought is perhaps the councils could ask/demand that Sheffield, Attercliffe and Meadowhall are covered along with whatever 'rural' stuff needs doing.
28-02-2014, 12:37 PM
Just a thought, but the article on the Sheffield City Region site suggestion anyone can join in the Public Consultation by emailing [email protected] with "Public Consultation" as the header. Maybe all those of us who are affected should do just that? Maybe if they get enough representations we may get listened to? It cant hurt.

I have sent mine - just got to wait now.

28-02-2014, 12:59 PM
(28-02-2014 12:37 PM)essenby Wrote:  Just a thought, but the article on the Sheffield City Region site suggestion anyone can join in the Public Consultation by emailing [email protected] with "Public Consultation" as the header. Maybe all those of us who are affected should do just that? Maybe if they get enough representations we may get listened to? It cant hurt.

Me too Smile

Phil.
01-03-2014, 06:34 PM
(28-02-2014 12:59 PM)Ray_Von Wrote:  
(28-02-2014 12:37 PM)essenby Wrote:  Just a thought, but the article on the Sheffield City Region site suggestion anyone can join in the Public Consultation by emailing [email protected] with "Public Consultation" as the header. Maybe all those of us who are affected should do just that? Maybe if they get enough representations we may get listened to? It cant hurt.

Me too Smile

Same here
04-03-2014, 02:33 PM
Just had a reply back..

Quote:Hello Mr xxxxxxx

Many thanks for your response to the public consultation. We will review your comments along with the other public consultation responses received during this exercise and will come back to you if we require any further information. Once again many thanks for your response.

Regards,

Femi

Not much I know,but at least the email sent has been acknowledged Smile

Phil.
04-03-2014, 02:57 PM
Ditto Smile

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)