Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Leaving DRL - ASK4
27-03-2014, 07:25 AM
RE: Leaving DRL - ASK4
It was specifically supposed to be a new line. The Openreach engineer said that my spare pair didn't reach the DP outside so he would have to use my existing DR line.

What was funny was that the engineer had never heard of Digital Region and when he plugged his equipment into the master socket that my DR service was terminated on he said that there was no service on that line and wouldn't believe me that there was until I showed him the Internet working on it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2014, 02:12 PM
It also shows that the whole problem of moving from DR SLU to Infinity or similar is just a load of red tape. My DR connection was migrated to Plusnet Fibre with about 10 minutes of downtime whilst the engineer was at the cab, so physically it's obviously no issue for them.
28-03-2014, 02:56 AM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2014 03:00 AM by alexatkin.)
So the DR line is still active and being paid for? I would have demanded be replace the wire then, he has no right to leave you with one line if you are paying for two.

Physically of course its no issue for them to swap lines over, the cabinet is just a giant junction box and you just crimp links between different points to swap things over. It should be no different in the exchange either. The MAC problem is purely down to "computer says we can process one of these options, pick" and being charged according to what was booked. A new line naturally triggers a different fee from Openreach than just swapping over the broadband side.

[Image: alexatkin.png][Image: referral-ad-120x60.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-03-2014, 04:23 PM
with BT you would have had the connection for free

Mirdragon
Forum Moderator

ISP: BT|Modem:HG612 (Modded)|Router: Smoothwall|Sync: 68Mbit/18Mbit
Network: HP Procurve|4 x TP-Link AP
Mobile: Nexus 4+6|Tab 3 8"|Asus VivoTab+Transformer TF101
Media Services: SkyHD|Xbox One|ChromeBox (OpenElec)|Samsung BDH6500|Youview|Netflix
28-03-2014, 09:27 PM
Yeah but it would have been a fair bit more ££ per month.

Also, out of the bigger ISPs, in my experience plusnet tend to have people with a brain on the phones rather the likes of BT, Virgin, Talktalk, etc. whose support teams are useless script monkeys.
28-03-2014, 09:33 PM
Interesting as Plusnet is wholly owned by BT !
To be totally fair I am paying no more to BT for infinity 2 than I was to Chess for my DR connection Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)