Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
ASK4 Statement for Residential DRL Customers
21-05-2014, 06:16 PM
RE: ASK4 Statement for Residential DRL Customers
(21-05-2014 02:33 PM)SpencerUk Wrote:  It's a credit that @ASK4 are still updating and trying to assist customers where they can.

They may not have promoted the network connectivity, but at least they are supporting their customers and others in a time of need. Bravo!

Totally agree, even the link they point customers to, is very informative (a lot better than information from Origin I must say)

Mirdragon
Forum Moderator

ISP: BT|Modem:HG612 (Modded)|Router: Smoothwall|Sync: 68Mbit/18Mbit
Network: HP Procurve|4 x TP-Link AP
Mobile: Nexus 4+6|Tab 3 8"|Asus VivoTab+Transformer TF101
Media Services: SkyHD|Xbox One|ChromeBox (OpenElec)|Samsung BDH6500|Youview|Netflix
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-05-2014, 08:32 PM
ASK4 were very good when it came to requesting a MAC, turned around pretty quick - and called back to make sure I had received it.

The service I had from them was good, if unremarkable. It worked, I paid them - but that was it - there was no new products, no innovation, no information about DR on their web site, no nothing. DR was simply a favour they did for RipWire customers, we weren't really part of their business plan.
21-05-2014, 09:04 PM
I do admit they didn't promote the service and essentially they have been the caretaker until a solution was found. Sadly there wasn't one so they're doing what they can to help its customers.

I just wish the other providers did the same.

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-05-2014, 01:27 PM
(21-05-2014 08:32 PM)Hippojay Wrote:  ASK4 were very good when it came to requesting a MAC, turned around pretty quick - and called back to make sure I had received it.

The service I had from them was good, if unremarkable. It worked, I paid them - but that was it - there was no new products, no innovation, no information about DR on their web site, no nothing. DR was simply a favour they did for RipWire customers, we weren't really part of their business plan.

The reason they didn't take it any further is they knew like most of us, that Digital Region was a dead duck waiting to be put down so it wasn't worth the time, effort and considerable money it takes to promote the service. It all comes down to the people who were running DR, too many egos, not enough experience.

Leased Lines - You know you want one! Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)