Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Changing BT cabinet you are served by?
08-04-2014, 08:04 PM
Changing BT cabinet you are served by?
Ok, this may be a silly question but I cannot seem to find an answer..

If I ask BT (or whoever) to install a new line, can I specify which cabinet I am served by?

The only reason I ask, is that I am pretty much equidistant between the Sheffield exchange and Intake exchange.

Intake exchange is FTTC enabled, hence more of a chance of FTTC if at least connected to an enabled exchange.

I have a feeling it isn't possible, but it's the only solution I can think of (save moving house) at the moment.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2014, 09:48 PM
RE: Changing BT cabinet you are served by?
Worth a try, but they won't entertain it. It because you are between two exchanges, domes mean that there is infrastructure connecting you to that exchange near by.

If you plug your details into samknows, it can produce a map of what is served by that exchange - so you can get an idea whether is was technically possible. Won't help you though Smile
08-04-2014, 10:41 PM
I reckon as the crow flies I am nearer the Woodhouse exchange(Fibre enabled) than the Attercliffe exchange(no fibre),but being the wrong side of the Sheffield Parkway means I am connected to Attercliffe Sad

Phil.
10-04-2014, 01:28 PM
Don't believe there's any way to change cabinet. The same as moving your number to a different exchange. It belongs to a pool.

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-04-2014, 04:21 PM
(08-04-2014 10:41 PM)Ray_Von Wrote:  . . but being the wrong side of the Sheffield Parkway . .
Not the wrong side of the tracks surely @Ray_Von? The right side - but just inconvenient for a Woodhouse connection Big Grin

Barrie_____________________________________
Dreaming the Life rather than Living the Dream Big Grin
10-04-2014, 09:01 PM
It is rather unlikely as the chances of there being conduit to put the cable into between your existing line and the cabinet you want it from, is very slim. The chance of there being existing cable is even slimmer.

Are there any cases where a single cabinet is served by two different exchanges, or two very very nearby cabinets?

[Image: alexatkin.png][Image: referral-ad-120x60.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)