Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Now I'm back on DR :/ lol
05-06-2014, 11:42 PM
Now I'm back on DR :/ lol
So, I moved away from DR/Chess last month. But I've gone back to the future and I'm back on DR for the weekend at least...

On the 28th I got connected to Openreach FTTC by Kellys who are an Openreach contractor. They were super lazy and unprofessional but that isn't the issue... Got all connected up. Everything working just fine and I'm super happy!

Forward to this Wednesday morning... Internet working fine when I got up. Travelled to Rotherham Hospital and back. While walking from the bus stop to back home I notice Openreach inside the Fibre Cab that I'm connected to. I jokingly said to my partner that they were probably going to turn the equipment off.

We get home and there is no DSL light on the OR modem. Heart sank (lol) and looked up the street and the guy had gone. TalkTalk say there is a Copper break in the line. There was a dial tone on the line so Tech support said the engineer probably accidentaly unplugged us. /sigh

They said the next available engineer would come out and sort it within 48 hours. Then, at about 1pm today while my parter was on the landline the 'clucking' and beeping noise came on the phone. Think it was that machine that they use to find the line. 15 minutes later the DSL light on the OR modem flashed a few times and stayed on. Brilliant! I go and check the line... no Internet connection. But there is DSL sync. I check the line stats with eDMT and I'm connected to the Digital Region DSLAM!

I put my Chess login details in and they still work! (I rang chess and they are not going to charge me for it. They agreed a cease date of 30th May and would let me use it 'if it worked' over the weekend. According to Chess the line is dead... yet here I am.)

Now another Engineer is booked for Monday morning to do a 'new install'.

I am absoutely amazed that they could connect me back to DR. Huh

TalkTalk Business (Goldthorpe Exchange)
[Image: 3534871192.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2014, 07:52 PM
RE: Now I'm back on DR :/ lol
(05-06-2014 11:42 PM)rhole83 Wrote:  So, I moved away from DR/Chess last month. But I've gone back to the future and I'm back on DR for the weekend at least...

On the 28th I got connected to Openreach FTTC by Kellys who are an Openreach contractor. They were super lazy and unprofessional but that isn't the issue... Got all connected up. Everything working just fine and I'm super happy!

Forward to this Wednesday morning... Internet working fine when I got up. Travelled to Rotherham Hospital and back. While walking from the bus stop to back home I notice Openreach inside the Fibre Cab that I'm connected to. I jokingly said to my partner that they were probably going to turn the equipment off.

We get home and there is no DSL light on the OR modem. Heart sank (lol) and looked up the street and the guy had gone. TalkTalk say there is a Copper break in the line. There was a dial tone on the line so Tech support said the engineer probably accidentaly unplugged us. /sigh

They said the next available engineer would come out and sort it within 48 hours. Then, at about 1pm today while my parter was on the landline the 'clucking' and beeping noise came on the phone. Think it was that machine that they use to find the line. 15 minutes later the DSL light on the OR modem flashed a few times and stayed on. Brilliant! I go and check the line... no Internet connection. But there is DSL sync. I check the line stats with eDMT and I'm connected to the Digital Region DSLAM!

I put my Chess login details in and they still work! (I rang chess and they are not going to charge me for it. They agreed a cease date of 30th May and would let me use it 'if it worked' over the weekend. According to Chess the line is dead... yet here I am.)

Now another Engineer is booked for Monday morning to do a 'new install'.

I am absoutely amazed that they could connect me back to DR. Huh

Hi mate just wounded if you could tell me what you said to leave chess and get a MAC to to switch, A friend of mines with them and we've both been trying all sorts and they just keep giving us the run around, finally got some one who said we dont deal with macs/cancellations over the phone you have to email to [email protected] with the request, so i did that 2 weeks later still no reply from them, yet another 50 mins on hold before even getting the first person to talk to us and they ent a clue what a mac even is and there's no one there they can pass me through to,

Thanks for any advice Ash

[Image: 4173472130.png][Image: 8115047.png]
06-06-2014, 10:34 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2014 10:37 PM by rhole83.)
Getting a MAC from Chess was such a headache.

But, 2 people at Chess seemed to be quite helpful. Neither tried selling me anything and both helped get the MAC code that Chess insist they are unable to get!

Ash Murray ... This was the first person I emailed to get the MAC who didnt say it wasn't possible to get a MAC. He replied saying it would be forwarded to the loyalty team and would take 5 days. I got the MAC code back 1 week and 5 days later. I did fire off an email reminding that they are obliged to give me a MAC by ofcom after the first week though.

Cheryl from the layalty team... Seems to actually listen and help with all my requests without telling me they cannot get a MAC.

I always ring Chess on 0800 019 8900.

Also, if it helps the email I received from Chess with my MAC was as follows...

Quote:Dear Mr XXXXX & XXXXX,

Thank you for taking the time to e-mail Chess.

We have successfully received your e-mail dated the 11th of April.

Please find MAC code as required for CON0002953:

LLSLXXXXXXX/SLXXX

This is valid until the 09.05.2014

Regards,

Chess Telecom

06-06-2014, 11:40 PM
Apparently it is possible to have more than one connection on one line!

I moved from Sky to Plusnet last November (LLU ADSL to BT ADSL) and the first router Plusnet sent me was a dud (note to self - check router actually works ahead of changeover date). I plugged my Sky router back in and without messing with any of the details I was online with a Sky IP address. I rang Plusnet and they were adament that the line *had* been transferred to them. I thought it unlikely but it suited me anyway as I had no equipment to connect to them with. Anyway - the Sky connection slowed down to the point where it became almost unusably slow, and another Plusnet router arrived pretty quickly. Plugged it in, set up, and indeed I got a working Plusnet connection at a reasonable speed (3Mbps - it has since settled at 5Mbps).

Out of interest, plugged the Sky kit back in and got a Sky IP again (although it took me half an hour to actually get google.com to load by this point). Rang and checked with Sky and they'd got my final day of service as a few days before.

All very weird.
08-06-2014, 03:56 PM
I feel sorry for you having Kelly communications go out!..Never heard good things about them!

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-06-2014, 07:49 PM
(06-06-2014 10:34 PM)rhole83 Wrote:  Getting a MAC from Chess was such a headache.

But, 2 people at Chess seemed to be quite helpful. Neither tried selling me anything and both helped get the MAC code that Chess insist they are unable to get!

Ash Murray ... This was the first person I emailed to get the MAC who didnt say it wasn't possible to get a MAC. He replied saying it would be forwarded to the loyalty team and would take 5 days. I got the MAC code back 1 week and 5 days later. I did fire off an email reminding that they are obliged to give me a MAC by ofcom after the first week though.

Cheryl from the layalty team... Seems to actually listen and help with all my requests without telling me they cannot get a MAC.

I always ring Chess on 0800 019 8900.

Also, if it helps the email I received from Chess with my MAC was as follows...

Quote:Dear Mr XXXXX & XXXXX,

Thank you for taking the time to e-mail Chess.

We have successfully received your e-mail dated the 11th of April.

Please find MAC code as required for CON0002953:

LLSLXXXXXXX/SLXXX

This is valid until the 09.05.2014

Regards,

Chess Telecom

thanks mate for the info i emailed that address and had a mac within 48 hoursish, very helpful

Ash

[Image: 4173472130.png][Image: 8115047.png]
09-06-2014, 08:42 PM
No worries!

Well Openreach engineer turned up at 8:20 this morning. A proper Openreach one and not Kellys this time. He couldn't believe the job they did first time round which led to the break in the copper line. Also was equally floored about them connecting me back to Digital Region when his records showed nothing about DR and had all information correct!

Sorted in 20 minutes. Back on the Openreach FTTC Cabinet With 3mbit higer attainable sync too ... Happy! (at least until I have to deal with Kellys again.)

10-06-2014, 12:00 AM
Glad to hear a proper Openreach guy has sorted it out.

Lost count the amount of times I've heard Kelly Communications mess something up. How they hold a contract with Openreach I'll never know!.

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)