Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Digital Region closing
18-06-2014, 04:43 PM
RE: Digital Region closing
@hornetman

First off welcome to the forum!

Check your PM and I'll see if there's any roll out plan for you...Doubtful that there is one, but its worth a look

@Origin-al

The fact that Origin contacted you shows that they must be reading this forum even though they like to now pretend we don't exist!. How much are you currently paying if you don't mind me asking?

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-06-2014, 06:50 PM
I have had diddly squat from OBB, and when tried to get info from them just to be told "We will be contact customers soon" I think I am going to leave them..

All it would have done is taken 1 call before now and I would have been happy to stay as I have had no issues at all with them, but the silence and what feels like buried heads in sand over the closure of the network means I now need to look for a new ISP, however I would rather not go to plusnet (bt) as the biggest reason I went onto DR was to get a proper unfiltered / no traffic shaped line at all and I don't personally agree with how websites are being blocked for the fact someone somewhere has decided that that should not be seen.. I feel that is a very slippery slope to go down.. plus I loved having the cellpipe (hg612) which feeds directly into my PIX 515e firewall, and that then manages my connection and would rather not lose that.

Time to start looking at ISPS I guess
Find all posts by this user
18-06-2014, 07:41 PM
Be aware that the direct debit for August's service will be hitting in early July, so give a months notice before the end of the month and cancel direct debit. I plan to contact OBB in the next few days and will do this if nothing satisfactory is offered.
18-06-2014, 08:00 PM
I am thinking Zen to switch to
18-06-2014, 08:51 PM
Clift- I rang them and asked,mainly due to my bt line rental coming up for renewal, i thought i'd try origin but when i did a check my bb connection was 1 meg- i thought it was a mistake as i can/could get 16 meg. I know it isnt so fast but when you are used to having between 0.2 to 0.7 meg, believe me it was fantastic.
19-06-2014, 09:36 AM
That is strange! Who was your ISP when you were getting 16Mbps? on ADSL (presumably before you switched the DR fibre). Have you considered going back to them?

Barrie_____________________________________
Dreaming the Life rather than Living the Dream Big Grin
19-06-2014, 10:36 AM
(19-06-2014 09:36 AM)essenby Wrote:  That is strange! Who was your ISP when you were getting 16Mbps? on ADSL (presumably before you switched the DR fibre). Have you considered going back to them?

Hi, I think you've misunderstood-on ADSL which i'm being migrated back to it due to DR closing was 0.2/0.7 meg, with DR I was/are getting 16 meg.
19-06-2014, 03:08 PM
Ah - I had misunderstood. Apologies.

Barrie_____________________________________
Dreaming the Life rather than Living the Dream Big Grin
21-06-2014, 10:18 AM
I also am one of those poor souls who will be shunted back to basic ADSL up to 8mb...BT checker estimates 1.5mb to 4.5mb. Says 2mb but what it really means is that they consider 1.5mb acceptable for my line length.
Before Origin I was with O2 LLU and gett between 2.6mb and just over 3mb.

I contacted my MP on several occasions to press BT on this matter,his response was as BT is a private company there is little the government can do...Sad

Attercliffe(and Sheffield) exchanges are not even on BT's radar to be upgraded to FTTC.

Phil.
21-06-2014, 10:22 AM
(21-06-2014 10:18 AM)Ray_Von Wrote:  I also am one of those poor souls who will be shunted back to basic ADSL up to 8mb...BT checker estimates 1.5mb to 4.5mb. Says 2mb but what it really means is that they consider 1.5mb acceptable for my line length.
Before Origin I was with O2 LLU and gett between 2.6mb and just over 3mb.

I contacted my MP on several occasions to press BT on this matter,his response was as BT is a private company there is little the government can do...Sad

Attercliffe(and Sheffield) exchanges are not even on BT's radar to be upgraded to FTTC.
Do you feel that South Yorkshire has been well and truly shafted by BT, the Government and everyone else. I do!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)