Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
BT considering Sheffield exchange?
28-06-2014, 02:21 PM
RE: BT considering Sheffield exchange?
Taking into consideration that Digital Region leased the most of the ducts and very little of the cabling actually belongs to them, I don't see why BT can't not snap it up @Chalky regardless of incompatibility or not.

The way I look at it, the hardest thing for BT is to get planning permission, digworks, ducts..if thats already done and there's some form of cable there, jobs essentially done for them...Sure the cabling may not be BTesque but it wouldn't cost BT much to replace that cabling considering they could sell off the DR PCP tech and current cabling offshore.

I think for BT to consider Sheffield, there would need to be an increase in housing development as BT make more money on leased lines in Sheffield than they do anything else...That something to do with the present cabling (the digital region part)

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2014, 10:50 PM
Who said they leased most of the ducts? The majority of the ducting will be on the streets and we SAW them actually laying that.

[Image: alexatkin.png][Image: referral-ad-120x60.png]
02-07-2014, 11:47 PM
Government reports show and I believe also the Doncaster council one also shows that parts of the network was leased from "3rd parties"..I'll see if I can dig out the report for you *adds another task to the list tonight*

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
03-07-2014, 01:30 AM
Some yes, but if the DRBSY map was representative of DR itself it was a minority not a majority.

05-07-2014, 08:27 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2014 08:28 PM by mirdragon.)
if they had gone the way the Superfast West Yorkshire project (5350 already registered which is more than DR ever got) is going and involved BT, this network would still be running

Mirdragon
Forum Moderator

ISP: BT|Modem:HG612 (Modded)|Router: Smoothwall|Sync: 68Mbit/18Mbit
Network: HP Procurve|4 x TP-Link AP
Mobile: Nexus 4+6|Tab 3 8"|Asus VivoTab+Transformer TF101
Media Services: SkyHD|Xbox One|ChromeBox (OpenElec)|Samsung BDH6500|Youview|Netflix
Find all posts by this user
05-07-2014, 10:57 PM
I can't entirely blame them for not wanting to use BT, but it doesn't mean they went about it the right way.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)