Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Problems ordering a new line after DR
10-07-2014, 03:36 PM
Problems ordering a new line after DR
I'm currently on DR with Origin and obviously due the plug being pulled I am looking at getting a new line installed with Sky and fibre provided on that. I have just spoken to Sky and they say they can't even place a new line provision on my address at present as their system wont allow it. Has anybody had something similar to this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2014, 06:22 PM
RE: Problems ordering a new line after DR
Could you elaborate a little on their system wouldn't allow it?.

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-07-2014, 06:51 PM
Is this the same as what happened to me? I put in my phone number and they're system doesnt find it. Type in my postcode and it says I have an active phone line and must use it. In the end they said I could just have a new number. So I said yes and it's in the process. Letter from BT today saying my line will be taken over in next 7days. I just need the mac from origin. 5 days will be up tomoz

[Image: john22rob.png]

http://www.quidco.com/user/1417009/232503
15-07-2014, 12:11 PM
Just to follow up, no idea why Sky couldn't place the order. I think the poor soul in the call centre was thrown when I told them I had a line but no number (data line only with Origin). Called back later that day and spoke to a different individual, played dumb that I didn't even have a landline, and the order went through fine!
16-07-2014, 06:44 AM
When I enquired I got the message failure on behalf of the 3rd party when on the sky website. Sky have said that when the line is sorted? they will give it me free for 12 months. That is on bog standard broadband. Looks like I will have to wait till the cease as I understand then order??
16-07-2014, 09:38 AM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2014 09:40 AM by essenby.)
IF you can get them to understand, and IF their processes will allow it, you should be able to use a MAC code to migrate straight from DR fibre to a bog-standard ADSL product. Unless of course the O/R process requires a telephone number and doesn't allow for pure data lines

Barrie_____________________________________
Dreaming the Life rather than Living the Dream Big Grin
16-07-2014, 10:20 AM
(16-07-2014 09:38 AM)essenby Wrote:  IF you can get them to understand, and IF their processes will allow it, you should be able to use a MAC code to migrate straight from DR fibre to a bog-standard ADSL product. Unless of course the O/R process requires a telephone number and doesn't allow for pure data lines

Does that work with regards to LLU ADSL? I thought it was only BT-based ADSL you could transfer to?
16-07-2014, 11:18 AM
If you just got a MAC and gave it them and told them it was SLU it would work.

FYI, there is no such thing as a Data only line..still requires a DN (telephone number) for the order to be provided on...Anything that's fixed line basically.

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-07-2014, 11:31 AM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2014 11:49 AM by npatchett.)
There certainly was a data-only line as I have one! If I plug a phone in, no dial tone, but I do get DRL.

EDIT: see attachment which is a screenshot of my original order showing Dataline

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

16-07-2014, 12:31 PM
I also had a data only line from ASK4 - MPF rather than SMPF.

No dial tone on the line but DR service.

The Openreach engineer who swapped me from DR to Plusnet put his line tester on the line and was adamant that I didn't have a connection because his kit wasn't picking anything up - it was only when I plugged the cellpipe back in and showed it him working that he believed me.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)