Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
RAS Disconnections Affecting Sky Player?
02-09-2011, 08:20 PM
I'm sure some seasoned folk on the Digital Region network will know about the RAS disconnections (disconnections between router and Ripwire/DR network log in wise). I'm just curious if anyone is noticing the issue is having a knock on effect with Sky Player?.

Sky player basically goes off IP address of your connection to register your computer as a viewing device. I've noticed over recent weeks my computer is constantly registering as a new device again.

My own conducted research with Digital Region shows its not something that shows up on their end and points towards the ISP's RAS (Ripwire's server). Anyone else use Sky Player?, anyone else have the same issue?

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2012, 10:17 PM
Did you ever get this sorted?

Have you asked them for a static ip to help with the disconnections

Or you could ask them for a replacement cellpipe as they have now admitted that some disconnect on a regular basis

Mirdragon
Forum Moderator

ISP: BT|Modem:HG612 (Modded)|Router: Smoothwall|Sync: 68Mbit/18Mbit
Network: HP Procurve|4 x TP-Link AP
Mobile: Nexus 4+6|Tab 3 8"|Asus VivoTab+Transformer TF101
Media Services: SkyHD|Xbox One|ChromeBox (OpenElec)|Samsung BDH6500|Youview|Netflix
Find all posts by this user
04-01-2012, 12:09 AM
No I didn't get this sorted.
After some changes done by a guy called Steve, my connection has been stable. If my line drops more than twice a month, I would have a problem, but end of the day, if BT cater for 6 drops over a 72 hour period being normal, I won't moan too much.
It's not so much the Cellpipe that drops authentication, its RipWire's RAS itself. This is a common thing over lots of ISP's though.

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
04-01-2012, 11:32 AM
You lucky, you got it sorted - i've been told by them i have to put up with the disconnections (every week)

and as for it being RipWire's RAS they will probably say that if it was their RAS then it would be happening to all their customer's, so it is unlikely to be them

Mirdragon
Forum Moderator

Media Services: SkyHD|Xbox One|ChromeBox (OpenElec)|Samsung BDH6500|Youview|Netflix
07-01-2012, 03:28 PM
To be fair, drops in connection are to be expected. Every ADSL connection has a drop every so often. It's what DR/Ripwire class as acceptable and over a threshold.
Example, 6 drops over a 72 hour period is nothing, more than that could indicate a issue.
At the moment i've had 2 drops in almost 2 weeks so I can't complain xD

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
08-01-2012, 12:59 PM
i was getting drops on a regular basis and yes it has reduced to roughly once a week

but Ripwire need to acknowledge this is a problem at their end and not the customers equipment or line, which they won't currently do.

it is ironic that just before i leave the service and move back to bt i've now been connected for over 9 days which is the longest period for quite sometime without any changes made by me....

Mirdragon
Forum Moderator

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)