BT..installing a new line...warning!
07-08-2014, 11:18 AM
BT..installing a new line...warning!
Just had my BT engineer turn up to install a new line. asked him what he was doing and told him he should be installing a new line because i still have existing broadband. he did a couple of things to the socket and said ill be back in 10 mins.

came back and tested the line and all is good, engineer left so i connected my old connection back to the socket....

to cut a long story short, he did the dreaded quick fix, he disconnected my DR line without my consent and just transfered the line. he was booked to install a new line so i find it complete incompetence.

phoned origin and they will try to speed things up but basically thanks to this guy im fucked for the next 1-2 weeks till my new order goes live.

anyone know where i can put in a formal complaint? even got the guys name and number.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2014, 11:22 AM
RE: BT..installing a new line...warning!
Sounds about right, good luck getting anywhere with compensation you usually get lost in the system getting passed around
07-08-2014, 11:26 AM
You will have probably lost your number as well

Mirdragon
Forum Moderator

ISP: BT|Modem:HG612 (Modded)|Router: Smoothwall|Sync: 68Mbit/18Mbit
Network: HP Procurve|4 x TP-Link AP
Mobile: Nexus 4+6|Tab 3 8"|Asus VivoTab+Transformer TF101
Media Services: SkyHD|Xbox One|ChromeBox (OpenElec)|Samsung BDH6500|Youview|Netflix
07-08-2014, 11:31 AM
i didnt have a phone number so that bit doesnt bother me. but like the origin guy said its unlikely DR will put me back on since they wont be accepting any new orders. so now im screwed.

found the BT CEO email so strongly worded email here i come
07-08-2014, 12:49 PM
BT or contractor?

[Image: d0cbb4b8fc1cca5e3feeac3d86cc566a.png]
07-08-2014, 01:13 PM
Pretty bad that after you *telling him* that what he was doing was wrong he carried on and did it anyway. That really is ignorant.

Unfortunately now you've got to interface with Origin, who are no good with this stuff at the best of times. Really hope you get a response from the BT CEO but I expect the usual Openreach stone wall will be hit.
07-08-2014, 01:55 PM
If it was a new line shouldn't you have got a new (extra) socket too? I don't understand why you need to remove/reconnect the modem for that.
07-08-2014, 01:57 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2014 02:13 PM by oriontc.)
further developments....

i basically emailed the world because I was pretty pissed. it was indeed a contractor working on behalf of BT. it was "kelly"

I contacted origin who chased it up, I then contacted kelly directly and BT. the engineer phoned me directly about an hour later apologising and came back, he looked into it and it turns out my second pair into the house is faulty for whatever reason so he was unable to connect a second line....he restored my DR connection. so basically im back to square 1...

I contacted origin again who are chasing it up with BT to "repair" the line or perform whatever is needed to get the second line in. i guess its either that or a cease on my current line till the new order goes through.... so either way im probably looking at some delay...booo

Origin have been very good so far btw.

PS...I would probably just been better off leaving it how it was and accepting the downtime....*le sigh*
07-08-2014, 04:46 PM
(07-08-2014 01:57 PM)oriontc Wrote:  further developments....

i basically emailed the world because I was pretty pissed. it was indeed a contractor working on behalf of BT. it was "kelly"

I contacted origin who chased it up, I then contacted kelly directly and BT. the engineer phoned me directly about an hour later apologising and came back, he looked into it and it turns out my second pair into the house is faulty for whatever reason so he was unable to connect a second line....he restored my DR connection. so basically im back to square 1...

I contacted origin again who are chasing it up with BT to "repair" the line or perform whatever is needed to get the second line in. i guess its either that or a cease on my current line till the new order goes through.... so either way im probably looking at some delay...booo

Origin have been very good so far btw.

PS...I would probably just been better off leaving it how it was and accepting the downtime....*le sigh*
07-08-2014, 04:49 PM
Frustrating but massive congratulations on at least restoring your connection.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)