Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
AAISP
11-08-2014, 01:51 PM
AAISP
I have been with AAISP for 10 days now..

I started on 20CN so they could monitor my line,today they migrated me over to Talk Talk..
The downtime was hardly noticeable,they sent me a text to say my line was down an by the time I had turned my pc on I was back online.
Their support is spot on and very knowledgeable.
I gave them my supplied MAC code,told them it was an SLU migration and had to be entered manually(thanks for the info about that supplied on here guys).It was then effortless.

Yes its not cheap and if you are a big downloader the cost can rack up but if you want an isp that is totally on the ball then you will be hard pressed to find better.
You have a full online portal where you can see stats,your usage and billing etc.
If only all isps were like this..

Phil.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2014, 03:04 PM
RE: AAISP
How's the performance on TalkTalk vs 20CN?

I moved from Sky LLU to Plusnet (21CN WBC) and the performance has been pretty much consistent. Toying with the idea of trying to squeeze a little more out with a decent router.
11-08-2014, 03:30 PM
The upload has more than doubled..from about 0.340mb 0.710mb.the download is just under 3mb at present,up from 2mb,perhaps there might be room to up that slightly but my line is over 3.6km from the exchange so its never going to be anything fantastic

I'm just using the AA supplied Technicolor router,nothing fancy but it does the job and I can see all the line stats etc.

Phil.
21-08-2014, 10:27 AM
Just spoken to AAISP on behalf of a business who need ADSL whilst they wait for their EFM Line to be installed. I contacted them based on @Ray_Von (cheers for that) singing their praises and because of the mention of rolling contracts. Although not related to the DRL fiasco I have to say that they were very helpful.

I've refered our client to them and hopefully they'll be up and running soon!

ISP: Plusnet | Router: Mikrotik 2011UAS-2HnD-IN | Sync: 50Mbit/15Mbit | PCP: 600m | Exchange: Mosborough
Server: HP Microserver, Aspire V5-171
PC: MacBook Pro, ThinkPad X220
OD: Plex, Chromecast, Roku 2 XS, NowTV, YouView, PS4
Mobile: iPad, LG G3, Nexus 5

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-08-2014, 10:46 AM
(21-08-2014 10:27 AM)Chalky Wrote:  Just spoken to AAISP on behalf of a business who need ADSL whilst they wait for their EFM Line to be installed. I contacted them based on @Ray_Von (cheers for that) singing their praises and because of the mention of rolling contracts. Although not related to the DRL fiasco I have to say that they were very helpful.

I've refered our client to them and hopefully they'll be up and running soon!

That sounds promising @Chalky

I have been up and running now nearly 3 weeks with AAISP and everything is good.They switched me over from 20CN to TalkTalk,which has given me a bit extra speed and also extra gigabytes usage.If I need to talk to them,either by phone,email or Twitter the response is very good and very quick,plus I have everything about my connection and usage in my online control panel.Obviously speed is only around 3mb (not AAISPs fault),but apart from that I'm very happy especially knowing that if I have a problem I can speak to someone straight away who knows what they are doing.

Phil.
21-08-2014, 11:12 AM
@Ray_Von - That's very interesting. What speed did you have on ADSL before you switched to DR?

Barrie_____________________________________
Dreaming the Life rather than Living the Dream Big Grin
21-08-2014, 11:27 AM (This post was last modified: 21-08-2014 11:28 AM by Ray_Von.)
(21-08-2014 11:12 AM)essenby Wrote:  @Ray_Von - That's very interesting. What speed did you have on ADSL before you switched to DR?

Hi @essenby

Before DR I was with O2 LLU and was getting just under 3mb download and around 0.70mb upload,so it was about the same as I am getting now.
I found O2 excellent,both on price and customer service.If there hadn't been any fibre with DR I would have stayed with O2(at least until Sky took them over).

Phil.
21-08-2014, 11:52 AM
I found O2 to be OK, but the whole experience was soured when they continued to bill me regardless of the fact I had no service with them (which they acknowledged by sending a letter saying my service had moved to Sky). When challenged they "terminated" the service (which I had not received for 20 days at this point) but refused to cancel the bill - saying I should have told them when I was cut off!! Should have escalated the complaint really.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)