Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
R.I.P Digital Region Network
15-08-2014, 12:23 AM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2014 02:29 PM by Chalky.)
R.I.P Digital Region Network

2010 - 00:23 15th August 2014
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

This forum will remain here to continue to help people transition and raise awareness of people's issues for as long as the community needs it.

ISP: Plusnet | Router: Mikrotik 2011UAS-2HnD-IN | Sync: 50Mbit/15Mbit | PCP: 600m | Exchange: Mosborough
Server: HP Microserver, Aspire V5-171
PC: MacBook Pro, ThinkPad X220
OD: Plex, Chromecast, Roku 2 XS, NowTV, YouView, PS4
Mobile: iPad, LG G3, Nexus 5

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2014, 12:34 AM
RE: R.I.P Digital Region Network
Bye bye DR, it was damn good while it lasted Sad

[Image: john22rob.png]

http://www.quidco.com/user/1417009/232503
Find all posts by this user
15-08-2014, 12:39 AM
Sob, sob, Waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh...................................

I'm okay, sob, really, sniffle.

[Image: alexatkin.png][Image: referral-ad-120x60.png]
15-08-2014, 08:10 AM
Here we are, back in the slow lane. Goodbye high speed broadband. It was good whilst it lasted.
15-08-2014, 08:41 AM
Was it really only 2½ years old!? And 1 full year of that was with the network in rundown mode. Jeese.
15-08-2014, 09:06 AM
so long and thanks for all the speed...

Hello BT, please activate my 1mb connection
15-08-2014, 11:19 AM
(15-08-2014 08:41 AM)WillPS Wrote:  Was it really only 2½ years old!? And 1 full year of that was with the network in rundown mode. Jeese.

Nah - i had my DR line (ripwire) in September 2010. So it's probably more like 4-4½ years
15-08-2014, 11:39 AM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2014 11:40 AM by Chalky.)
I got from the DRL website that the build was completed in December 2011 hence where that came from. Must have put some people on before it was even finished! I'll change it to the project start Tongue

ISP: Plusnet | Router: Mikrotik 2011UAS-2HnD-IN | Sync: 50Mbit/15Mbit | PCP: 600m | Exchange: Mosborough
Server: HP Microserver, Aspire V5-171
PC: MacBook Pro, ThinkPad X220
OD: Plex, Chromecast, Roku 2 XS, NowTV, YouView, PS4
Mobile: iPad, LG G3, Nexus 5

15-08-2014, 02:08 PM
I got my Ripwire connection back in October 2010 (@Hippojay was told I was their first home user on the network)

I ended up leaving in January 2012 and moved back to BT on Infinity due to the poor service I was receiving and just for record, here is a quote of an email I received from Oliver on the 3 September 2011 at 00:03 when we were looking at the possibility of me moving from Ripwire to Origin.

Quote:I couldn't agree more, customer service is key to compete with price and product, offering support that makes your customer feel valued and supported throughout their broadband experience is key.

From our customer feedback i think we have our service about right a few small tweaks with online support is due but when customers call and get through and contact us 24/7 its exactly where it should be. Our customers receive a personal install and a friendly person is always available to talk too.

I guess its like writing this email at 00:01 Smile.

We have had allot of ripwire customers wanting to swap but with the process not 100% complete we are waiting on a full proposal from DRL regarding this, what i would say is check your contract and see if it mentions a "Cease Charge" (around £100) if it was there, once you are out of contract.

In the end I decided not to move with them for a few reasons

1) They let me down during a test to prove there was a fault with Ripwire's network and not my equipment - Luckily I was able to fallback on Ripwire's connection but had no communication from the company they had disconnected the test link.
2) I had to do a lot of chasing for updates (as other's have also done on here)
3) Even though they knew I wanted to migrate and the connection could be switched within a short period of time (proved by the test link - port 1 ripwire & 2 origin on cellpipe used) they did not bother contacting me until a few days before I was due to migrate to BT on FTTC for free.

In a way I'm glad I never switched to them based on the initial communications, etc from them and how they are performing now - but at the same time if I had received good service on the network I would have stayed until the very end (or as close to it as possible)

Mirdragon
Forum Moderator

ISP: BT|Modem:HG612 (Modded)|Router: Smoothwall|Sync: 68Mbit/18Mbit
Network: HP Procurve|4 x TP-Link AP
Mobile: Nexus 4+6|Tab 3 8"|Asus VivoTab+Transformer TF101
Media Services: SkyHD|Xbox One|ChromeBox (OpenElec)|Samsung BDH6500|Youview|Netflix
15-08-2014, 02:20 PM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2014 02:21 PM by Hippojay.)
(15-08-2014 02:08 PM)mirdragon Wrote:  I got my Ripwire connection back in October 2010 (@Hippojay was told I was their first home user on the network)

Just looked back through my emails, I submitted the order on the 27th September and was connected on the 21st October. in my defence that's a long time ago now!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)