Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Migrating to Zen Internet
21-08-2014, 12:35 AM
RE: Migrating to Zen Internet
im not interested in monitoring a crappy 10meg connection, i expect it to be rubbish lol

[Image: john22rob.png]

http://www.quidco.com/user/1417009/232503
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-08-2014, 09:33 AM
(21-08-2014 12:35 AM)john22rob Wrote:  im not interested in monitoring a crappy 10meg connection, i expect it to be rubbish lol

I say - that's a little heartless. There are a good number on here who would remove your right arm for a "crappy 10 Meg connection"!

Barrie_____________________________________
Dreaming the Life rather than Living the Dream Big Grin
21-08-2014, 10:20 AM (This post was last modified: 21-08-2014 11:18 AM by alexatkin.)
Granted its temporary as fortunately I can get VDSL, but its painful as hell on a nearly 4Meg connection. To the point where load-balancing it without another connection around that speed makes a HUGE difference.

Incidentally, I am using the HG612 on my Zen ADSL connection.

Updated my first post to include even more detail and recent developments.

[Image: alexatkin.png][Image: referral-ad-120x60.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-08-2014, 01:17 PM
I thought it was too quick to be true:

Quote:I am emailing regarding the order ADSL to Zen Fibre Regrade

The order has been rejected by our suppliers, when we have investigated why it seems there is an open order associated to the line.

We believe this order to possibly be the ADSL order we supplied to you which completed on 19/08. We have raised a request with our suppliers to have this investigated to find out if indeed that is the issue

We would expect the request raised to take anything up to 5 working days or more to resolve

We shall review your order again next Tuesday to check for a response, once we do have further updates we shall be in touch to advise

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused

The question here is did Zen actually confirm with BT that the ADSL order HAD completed before submitting the Fibre order? Or did I cock this up by trying to move my line rental?

21-08-2014, 01:33 PM
@essenby it wasn't meant to sound like that, what I meant was I was on 64/21 with origin and I was monitoring it for various reasons. Now on a 10meg connection I don't need to monitor it because if the huge speed decrease to 10/1 meg

[Image: john22rob.png]

http://www.quidco.com/user/1417009/232503
21-08-2014, 03:09 PM
@john22rob - Yeah, I understand mate. I was just trying a little humour to cheer myself up Wink

Barrie_____________________________________
Dreaming the Life rather than Living the Dream Big Grin
09-09-2014, 07:18 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2014 07:24 PM by alexatkin.)
I e-mailed asking them to try the order for fibre again last night, hilarity ensues.

Get up late (slept horribly), find DSL light is off. Switch over to FON and find the following e-mail:
Everything except the hashes is identical to what they sent me!

Quote:Dear Alexander,

Thank you for your order, Zen Order Number: Zen Order Number: #####. We have confirmed an appointment for an engineer to visit your premises and install the required equipment.

The BT telephone number which you have provided for activation is: 01142######

Installation Address:

######

The appointment will take place as follows:

Date:
Time:

Appointment slots for the engineer to arrive are as follows:

AM - 08:00 - 13:00
PM - 13:00 - 18:00

Please ensure you read our installation guide for details you need to know about your installation:

http://support.zen.co.uk/kb/Knowledgebas...leid=11198

including hardware requirements and links to setup advice.

>>> Important ! Please read below to avoid incurring additional charges
If you are not present when the engineer attends, or the installation is aborted, you will be charged a missed/failed appointment fee of œ90 + VAT.

If you've read the installation guide linked to above and you believe there may be a problem which would prevent the installation going ahead please contact our Customer Services team as soon as possible on 01706 902 000 (between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday) to discuss the issue. You must contact us at least one working day before the installation appointment if you suspect there may be a problem, to avoid the failed appointment fee.

Please have your order reference ready Zen Order Number: ###### and select Option 5 from the menu.

Full Terms and Conditions for Fibre Broadband are available at: http://www.zen.co.uk/policies/fibre-broa...tions.aspx

>>>> Additional Help with your new Fibre service
Getting Started - Fibre Broadband setup guides:
http://support.zen.co.uk/kb/Knowledgebas...leid=11188

Fibre Speed FAQs - what to expect from your Fibre Broadband service:
http://support.zen.co.uk/kb/Knowledgebas...leID=11303

Kind regards,
Customer Services.

T: 01706 902 000 using option 5
--------------------------------------------------
Zen Internet Ltd
Sandbrook Park
Sandbrook Way
Rochdale
OL11 1RY

Notice what is conspicuously missing from the above? I really don't know what is going on here.

Zen technical support say they can see nothing wrong, just my DSL dropped this morning for an unknown reason.
So they wanted to test everything, I didn't have an ADSL modem/router spare so hung up and dug them out, doing all the tests. No DSL on the line.

I don't want to ring back now as they will just book an engineer to diagnose the ADSL fault and I don't want to risk it in case it FURTHER delayed the Fibre order. SadBut the above e-mail leaves me concerned at WTF is actually going on. Curiously, the Zen portal says nothing new compared to weeks ago when the fibre order got rejected due to moving my PSTN provider.

10-09-2014, 11:03 AM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2014 12:02 PM by alexatkin.)
Quote:Apologies for this Alex.

This was sent automatically by mistake. The next time you receive one of these it will have an installation date on it.

Regards
Matthew Seddon
Customer Services Executive
Zen Internet
T: 01706 902 000 (option 5)
F: 01706 902 005
W: http://www.zen.co.uk

That's already one more apology than I have had from Origin.

Quote:Hi Alex,

We are moving in the right direction with this order.

Although there is still a stop order for 05/09 (past date) that is still showing on the PSTN line. I am in discussions with Openreach regarding getting this removed.

Regards
Matthew Seddon
Customer Services Executive
Zen Internet
T: 01706 902 000 (option 5)
F: 01706 902 005
W: http://www.zen.co.uk

Okay, so now just to find out wtf Openreach have done with my ADSL in the meantime.

Its sounding an awful lot like Primus put a cease in rather than just allowing a normal migration, so Openreach killed the broadband. This would explain why the move to BT stalled on the 5th and had to be manually chased up with Openreach.

How Openreach managed to allow an open order for a PSTN move to another provider AND a cease at the same time, is anybodies guess.

11:45
Already spoken to Customer Support who confirm they are chasing this odd open order as I confirmed with BT its NOT showing for them.
Spoken to Technical Support who still cannot see anything wrong but feel they have to chase things up with Customer Support as the only thing THEY can think of is the open order and they do not want to start messing with engineers until that is closed. Then got a call back saying "just in case it worked" they had reset the line and to check for sync.

Every person I have dealt with so far (about 4 people I think) has sounded like they knew what they were talking about, been polite and apologetic, plus were able to check my line stats to confirm this mysterious cease order was showing.

You see Origin, THIS is how you do customer service.

10-09-2014, 11:24 AM
Why would Primus put in a cease? That would cost them £30 or something wouldn't it? As opposed to a migration, when the receiving party picks up the cost....

How has your experience with Primus been by the way?
10-09-2014, 12:13 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2014 12:18 PM by alexatkin.)
I only had Primus for line rental so didn't really have to deal with them much. When I have called them though, they have been fine.

I decided to move back to BT purely because I didn't want to have to chase up the latest "deal" to stay every 12 months and seeing as I could move to BT Basic which gives me caller display and BT SmartTalk which is incredibly useful, for the same price as Primus were doing with no caller id. I get so many nuisance calls that caller ID has become essential but not worth paying £2.50/month for.

Going back to the e-mails now I think you are right, they didn't want to do a cease - although if it was done accidentally I do not know.

Quote:Dear Mr Atkin,

Thank you for your email.

I have now processed this request and we will stop services to your address on 05/09/14.

I hope this helps,

I read that at first to suggest a cease, as I figured services wouldn't actually stop until they confirmed I had been moved successfully. When I asked to make sure I got:

Could you please confirm whether you're having the line taken over by another provider or you would like us to cease the line we're providing you?

Thank you.

Duh, I had thought I had made it clear. Anyway I said moving to another provider and got back:

Thank you for your email.

No problem about that. I'll put a request in for our services to be stopped, not CEASED in 30 days, and if for any reason you're unable to find another provider, either call in on 0800 36 38 39 or email us to cancel the cancellation. I would advise to call in though as we would have a much quicker response time.

I hope this helps,

With hindsight, I would have waited until the fibre had been installed before moving my line rental. Wink

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)