Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Migrating to Zen Internet
10-09-2014, 01:48 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2014 02:35 PM by alexatkin.)
RE: Migrating to Zen Internet
Things have really gone downhill now.

Zen wanted me to call BT to get them to ask Openreach to remove the stuck order. BT insist there is no order on my line and when I tried to get faults involved they instead have just cancelled my BT Basic application claiming that may have been the problem, except it seems unlikely seeing as the order Zen are seeing on the line pre-dates my move to BT.

Just took me an hour at BT to end up back where I began with BT Basic back ordered for my line. They did advise however that I have to go back to Primus to get this cease removed as it was them who requested it, so some progress I suppose.

Called Primus, and after struggling with the advisor as their end thought a cease HAD been done, she has raised it with their technical department - who won't give me any time frame for resolution. To be fair she was very apologetic and did everything she could, she even asked two different people who gave the wrong information but still believed me and chased it with technical, so kudos for not fobbing me off. Still, its frustrating that I have yet another delay in getting Zen fibre because some idiot company put a cease on my line when I specifically asked them not to.

Oh well, only 7 days until my Origin Fibre is connected, LOL.

[Image: alexatkin.png][Image: referral-ad-120x60.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2014, 06:55 PM
To be fair, none of that is Zen's fault..imo it's just your traditional moan Wink

Zen want to place an FTTC order for you but can't. You're not moving PSTN over to them so they can't interfere with the WLR side of things..If anything, Zen giving any form of assistance is probably as a gesture of goodwill.

If you're with Primus at the moment and wanting to go back to BT Retail, you need to sort it out with them..Wonder if Primus use singularity or Strategic imperatives WLR3 portal thing...hmm

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
10-09-2014, 08:25 PM
Are you getting two lines, one zen FTTC and one origin FTTC?

This just looks like trying to do to much at once and it's mucking everyone about.
Find all posts by this user
11-09-2014, 04:41 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2014 04:46 PM by alexatkin.)
(10-09-2014 06:55 PM)SpencerUk Wrote:  To be fair, none of that is Zen's fault..imo it's just your traditional moan Wink

Zen want to place an FTTC order for you but can't. You're not moving PSTN over to them so they can't interfere with the WLR side of things..If anything, Zen giving any form of assistance is probably as a gesture of goodwill.

If you're with Primus at the moment and wanting to go back to BT Retail, you need to sort it out with them..Wonder if Primus use singularity or Strategic imperatives WLR3 portal thing...hmm

No I WAS with Primus, had moved back to BT on Monday but Primus provisioning department in their ultimate wisdom had ordered a cease of the line which naturally did not complete as the migration was already in progress - but its now stuck against the line in limbo.

Both BT and Zen tried to get it removed as technically the line has nothing to do with Primus any more. They both eventually realised that I had to go back to Primus as they were the ones who placed the incorrect cease order. Of course their provisioning department are now dragging their heels getting it removed.

While this is obviously Primus at fault I place the mostly with Openreach as they should never have allowed a cease order to be placed on a line that was already migrating away from the people who placed that cease.

(10-09-2014 08:25 PM)Hippojay Wrote:  Are you getting two lines, one zen FTTC and one origin FTTC?

This just looks like trying to do to much at once and it's mucking everyone about.

That is entirely unrelated. The problem is purely that Primus ordered a cease of my line when they shouldn't have, they have even admitted as such and provisioning are supposed to be getting a good telling off about it.

Unfortunately they are one of those annoying companies where provisioning are contactable by e-mail only so customer services cannot chase up what is taking so long.

12-09-2014, 03:25 PM
I just wanted to update to say that as before, Zen have been fantastic during this.

Matthew Seddon has taken ownership of the problem and done everything he could to resolve it.

Every time I have called to say "has it sorted yet" they have been able to check with him to find no, the cease order is still showing on the line. Even though there is nothing more he can do at this point he has responded to every frustrated e-mail I have sent him. That goes a long way towards making you feel like someone is taking things seriously.

01-10-2014, 04:52 PM
Quote:Quick update on progress.

The person I told you I was speaking to at BT advised that there was nothing he could do. He also told me that ASG is an application support group in a number of Openreach systems have there own ASG teams.

He advised that I raise the query with the Openreach service desk, which I have done. This has been raised up two levels in hope that we can get this resolved.

This could go one of two ways. They'll be able to solve the issue and we can place a fibre order on existing line OR a new phone line will need to be installed.

@SpencerUk It sounds like he didn't know WHICH ASG department to raise this with. Any suggestions?

01-10-2014, 09:34 PM
If I remember right, you raise it with the main desk and they would then allocate to whoever you need to...That's how I remember it...If its been raised, surely there's a ref no and then surely you can escalate it?

@prichardson

Could you answer the above?..If I remember right you and some others had better luck "liaising" with them slack gets back in the day Tongue

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
02-10-2014, 03:57 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2014 03:57 PM by alexatkin.)
Well supposedly they have 48 hours to report back on the progress so by tomorrow afternoon if nothing is happening its probably worth cancelling the ADSL.

I don't think Zen want to do it as we have no guarantees it will clear the problem, they are probably also concerned I might then give it up as a bad job. (its tempting)

03-10-2014, 08:03 PM
Confirmed, Zen didn't want to cancel as they don't think it will fix the problem. They have agreed to now though and will look into refunding me the past 4 weeks or so I have had no connection.

Knowing my luck my Origin connection will go down now. Wink

05-10-2014, 11:13 AM
To cease it themselves and reprovide would cost Zen money

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)