Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Text message
20-08-2014, 05:43 PM (This post was last modified: 20-08-2014 05:54 PM by john22rob.)
Text message
Has anyone else just got a crappy text message about the use of a mac code? It doesn't even say who it is from!

I assume it's Origin. A piss poor communication!

'I have been informed that upon initial use of the MAC from Digitial Region, it becomes invalid for future uses. We can proceed a number of ways. Place your order and replace your phone number, potentially get another MAC key, or wait for the broadband service on the line to stop. Please get in touch to let us know'

I am wrong, just typed the number in google and it's Plusnet, should have known, origin don't contact people lol

[Image: john22rob.png]

http://www.quidco.com/user/1417009/232503
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-08-2014, 06:28 PM
RE: Text message
Well that's been typed up from a Provisioning agent into a text box, you can tell...because it encourages you to do the dirty work lol.

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-08-2014, 06:32 PM
(20-08-2014 06:28 PM)SpencerUk Wrote:  Well that's been typed up from a Provisioning agent into a text box, you can tell...because it encourages you to do the dirty work lol.

lol, fancy not even saying what company its from.

out of interest is it still possible to receive a new mac from Origin?

20-08-2014, 06:42 PM
@john22rob

I use to freetype out my texts to customers..would say something along the lines of

"Spencer@PlusnetFaults
I tried to contact you today on XXXXX but you were not available. Can you please contact me on XXX so I can discuss your Broadband fault in more detail as we've escalated this and I need to advise you our next steps we're taking. Thanks"

..Well something like that lol...all gone down hill since the experience left Wink

Re MACS, I don't know...I have some theories.

The Current MACS That Are Issues Are From A Backlog Post Digital Region Shutdown

Very possible since the requests were sent to NOC I understand on an email CRF and then forwarded onto Openreach if required.

Can't Get One Due To Digital Region Not Existing..So The Request Isn't Going Anywhere

Origin was a reseller essentially of Digital Region..The network helpdesk isn't manned so who would Origin send the requests to?

..which leads me to...

You Can Still Get A MAC

As possibly the NOC gave Origin (out of the goodness of their heart maybe?) their access rights so they could self generate as they are the only remaining ISP?...Hey its possible but even if that was the case, I don't think any of them would know how to use the Openreach portal haha.

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
20-08-2014, 06:57 PM
Just spoken to Jack at Origin, they are unable to provide any more MAC's. he did a tag check for me and it is still there. He did say that i can phone Origin any time to do a tag check. Kind of them

20-08-2014, 07:04 PM
How about they got on with removing it. No good ringing to find out if they're doing nothing about it!

ISP: Plusnet | Router: Mikrotik 2011UAS-2HnD-IN | Sync: 50Mbit/15Mbit | PCP: 600m | Exchange: Mosborough
Server: HP Microserver, Aspire V5-171
PC: MacBook Pro, ThinkPad X220
OD: Plex, Chromecast, Roku 2 XS, NowTV, YouView, PS4
Mobile: iPad, LG G3, Nexus 5

20-08-2014, 07:13 PM (This post was last modified: 20-08-2014 07:13 PM by john22rob.)
he mentioned that they cannot do anything but they are trying to get BT to remove everyone's tags. a bit of a contradiction

20-08-2014, 10:16 PM
We were supplied our MAC this evening, after contacting them to report the 2-3 working day cease didn't occur.

I raised the point that they should still be able to place a cease, to which they say they cannot take this up with Thales.

Fair enough, but I pointed out they are still able to issue the MACs to everybody, to which they were quick to respond that they are ones already requested.

Remembering a comment on here from Monday, I pointed out that a number are reporting only emailing / calling of the first time this week, well after Thales stopped talking to you, yet they got a MAC.

The then clarified the last statement they made which was when they said MACs had already been requested, they meant they had requested them in bulk prior to closure, for use within the mgiration process.

At this point, I asked for mine. They then said they would check if our is in the list.

So in all probability, they have a number of our MACs available if you want them, but potentially not every-bodies.

What was strange is that this information was not shared on any prior call, of which there have been several.
21-08-2014, 07:43 AM
Will be from the CRF's then most likely sent to the NOC..last batch perhaps?

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
23-08-2014, 10:47 AM (This post was last modified: 23-08-2014 11:04 AM by cptwhite.)
Regarding MAC codes, I had requested one early July. Decided not to use it, after a week without internet I called Thursday evening (21 Aug), having meant to have had ADSL enabled Tuesday morning (19th Aug, and having seen the Openreach engineer at the cabinet confirming he was working on my line!). So I gave them an ultimatum on Thursday, get it working tonight or I'm off, at which point (Will, i think) pointed out there was a MAC code available for me, exp. 4th Sept. I had him confirm it to me (I hadn't requested it so they must have been requested en mass by Origin, hence the special MAC code reference, I suspect).

Hopefully that adds to the overall view on the subject.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)