Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Signed up with Zen
28-09-2014, 11:13 PM (This post was last modified: 28-09-2014 11:17 PM by alexatkin.)
RE: Signed up with Zen
This sounds EXACTLY like the situation I am currently in with Zen after moving from Origin to Zen ADSL via a MAC.

Zen kept saying "contact your PSTN provider" to me as well, I have been trying for three weeks before finding out from Ofcom that is entirely incorrect, its Zens job to sort it out with Openreach.

Zen should be able to contact Openreach to get them to sort out of the tags, I'm still waiting to hear how its going with my line. If its like mine however, BT Wholesale are showing ADSL on my line, Openreach are showing LLU, so the order system refuses a fibre order as its confused as to what my line actually has on it and so what its capable to migrate to. Why on earth they need two different databases for the same line I do not know, but once they go out of sync you end up how we are.

[Image: alexatkin.png][Image: referral-ad-120x60.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-09-2014, 11:13 PM
Thanks! Will send them an email now, been too long without fibre and i'm only on the 50GB ADSL package thinking I would be on fibre in 5-10 working days from getting ADSL.
Find all posts by this user
29-09-2014, 07:28 AM
@GrassHopper

I'm surprised that Zen or any ISP for that matter rely on ORDI-Robot....It's totally useless!. Tell Zen to get off their ass and contact ASG in Openreach (basically folk who deal with this mess and when Ordi-Robot does f*ck all)

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
29-09-2014, 07:33 AM (This post was last modified: 29-09-2014 07:36 AM by alexatkin.)
It will interesting to see if Zen speed up now they have two cases of what appears to be the same issue.

29-09-2014, 08:18 PM
No e-mail from Zen today, kinda upset about that but didn't get the chance to ring them to chase this up today.

30-09-2014, 09:36 PM
Called Zen today, he certainly didn't know about the ASG department but said he would mention it to the person who has been looking into my line.

What is really distressing though is he said the person who has been helping him at Openreach, its not even their job to do so. Zen simply do not know WHO to contact at Openreach to chase up these sorts of problems, which is pretty bad IMO.

I did say if we don't get anywhere soon we should just cancel the ADSL and start from scratch, its just so much easier not to as I already have my IP addresses and direct debit set up.

01-10-2014, 09:39 PM
Why don't you just ask them to cease and reprovide the broadband @alexatkin

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
02-10-2014, 01:30 AM
I keep offering it as an option but I don't think they want to do it. Does it cost them differently to a regrade?

02-10-2014, 09:34 PM
Yeh sucks that we have to contact them to get an update, I was getting emails every few days before, but now they only email me after i've contacted them.

Quote:Good Morning,

We have today reviewed your order and unfortunately the incompatible product issue is yet to be resolved.

We are currently liaising with the LLU team and BT Openreach to try and resolve the issue as soon as possible.

At this time the phone line is still showing the marker SLU SMPF Installation which is causing the FTTC order to be rejected.

We will continue to work with our supplier to attempt to resolve your issue ASAP.

Sorry for any inconvenience this delay may have caused.

This was the latest on 29th, said would contact me on 1st with an update, yet again no contact attempt made. I'm a patient man, but rest of the family are going a bit bonkers.
Find all posts by this user
03-10-2014, 03:26 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2014 03:28 AM by alexatkin.)
Exactly the same here, they were e-mailing me constantly at first and now gone silent. The last e-mail I received only because I rang and complained that I weren't being kept informed by e-mail of what was going on.

The thing is, I suffer from chronic fatigue so being awake during office hours to keep ringing them is not always possible.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)