Signed up with Zen
03-10-2014, 11:35 PM
RE: Signed up with Zen
Finally resorted to cancelling my ADSL with Zen and seeing if that sorts the line out. I hope you have better luck than I did.

[Image: alexatkin.png][Image: referral-ad-120x60.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-10-2014, 01:47 PM
Ah that sucks, I just waited it out but my ADSL was working fine.

Update with my Zen fibre regrade: Finally had tag removed or whatever the problem was, order has gone through now on the system. Now i'm waiting for an engineer to come down on 23/10. Been on the 50GB ADSL package thinking it would have only took 5-10 working days, been 5 weeks now. But Zen been really good in the meantime, added extra data with no charge and now also are regrading my ADSL in the meantime to Zen Active 200GB at no extra charge.

Got to say, Zen Internet have good customer service, even if their Service Provisioning Executive team was a bit shaky in dealing with BT/Openreach tag issue.

Hope you get your Fibre mess resolved soon!
Find all posts by this user
14-10-2014, 02:32 PM
No luck here still got tag on line

"However, there is another service on your phone line (e.g. ADSL, LLU, DACS, etc) that would prevent you from ordering a new ADSL connection.
» Your BT ADSL code is: AEGEGEC"

Unbelievable
14-10-2014, 05:01 PM
(14-10-2014 02:32 PM)baz Wrote:  No luck here still got tag on line

"However, there is another service on your phone line (e.g. ADSL, LLU, DACS, etc) that would prevent you from ordering a new ADSL connection.
» Your BT ADSL code is: AEGEGEC"

Unbelievable

Why don't you try emailing the BT CEO. There is a thread on here about it.
14-10-2014, 05:49 PM
I've emailed the CEO, complained to OpenReach, OfCom, you name it
14-10-2014, 07:22 PM
(14-10-2014 05:49 PM)baz Wrote:  I've emailed the CEO, complained to OpenReach, OfCom, you name it
Maybe try the CEO again, others have had some success. Explain you want to take up BT broadband but the tag from Digital Region is still there despite promises that they would all be removed last month.
15-10-2014, 09:37 AM
(14-10-2014 07:22 PM)clifft Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 05:49 PM)baz Wrote:  I've emailed the CEO, complained to OpenReach, OfCom, you name it
Maybe try the CEO again, others have had some success. Explain you want to take up BT broadband but the tag from Digital Region is still there despite promises that they would all be removed last month.

And yet others have been totally ignored - not even receiving an acknowledgment response!

As with the actual removal of the tags, it appears to be totally haphazard whether you get a result, get a response or get nothing! But unfortunately it doesn't appear to be out of character for BT\OR.

Barrie_____________________________________
Dreaming the Life rather than Living the Dream Big Grin
15-10-2014, 10:04 AM
It seems totally and utterly haphazard as Essenby says they don't even seem to do an exchange at a time its just one line in one exchange another in a different one etc etc
One engineer running round purely doing tags for 4 or 5 days job done sorted............

But I've been back on adsl for a couple of weeks now (with Origin) and to be fair its been solid but now the capacity issues are finally sorted at the cabinet back to fibre soon
15-10-2014, 02:31 PM
(15-10-2014 09:37 AM)essenby Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 07:22 PM)clifft Wrote:  

And yet others have been totally ignored - not even receiving an acknowledgment response!

As with the actual removal of the tags, it appears to be totally haphazard whether you get a result, get a response or get nothing! But unfortunately it doesn't appear to be out of character for BT\OR.
True, but if you don't keep trying then nothing will change and you will be back here in a month's time saying that you still have a tag on the line. Send a polite email every day until you get a response.
17-10-2014, 05:14 PM
Finally, finally, finally

The tags appear to be off the line

Zen have now taken my silver, and will be getting to me soon with an install date

Ta very much Origin and OpenReach for all the inconvenience

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)