Modem Query
14-09-2014, 07:31 PM
RE: Modem Query
If that is your master socket then the cable should come in directly to the box. The engineer should have then replaced faceplate on master socket. I suggest you complain and get them to get bt out to resolve properly.

The box they have added looks similar to a one where if you outdoor cable came in the property and socket is a distance away. The install box which also has a board inside to prevent interfernce. I used to have similar until i got bt to move master socket and now cable goes direct to socket and it has dual faceplate.

Mirdragon
Forum Moderator

ISP: BT|Modem:HG612 (Modded)|Router: Smoothwall|Sync: 68Mbit/18Mbit
Network: HP Procurve|4 x TP-Link AP
Mobile: Nexus 4+6|Tab 3 8"|Asus VivoTab+Transformer TF101
Media Services: SkyHD|Xbox One|ChromeBox (OpenElec)|Samsung BDH6500|Youview|Netflix
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-09-2014, 06:15 PM
Kelly Communications I presume?

[Image: alexatkin.png][Image: referral-ad-120x60.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-09-2014, 09:14 PM
The first engineer was definitely from Kelly but not sure about the second one. Are there other companies involved?

It's a shame that the first guy didn't do a proper job because it could have prevented another visit being necessary.

Anyway, it's all sorted for me now and I'm happy to have my fast internet back. I'm following the other threads of woe and hope you all get re-connected again soon. I feel your pain because I had several weeks without any service too. It's hard to believe that the process for switching connections should be so long and crappy.
Find all posts by this user
18-09-2014, 10:32 PM
Well my Origin fibre was fitted yesterday and that was by Kelly also.

Fortunately my wiring is extremely simple so it was all done correctly.

[Image: alexatkin.png][Image: referral-ad-120x60.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)