Tag Removal
29-08-2014, 04:15 PM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2014 04:21 PM by bobhope.)
Tag Removal
Has anyone had their tag automatically removed by Openreach yet after the 10 working days since Digital Region ceased to operate?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-08-2014, 04:40 PM
RE: Tag Removal
not me my line was just left to die and the tag seems to still be there
29-08-2014, 05:12 PM
(29-08-2014 04:40 PM)rooneybuk Wrote:  not me my line was just left to die and the tag seems to still be there

Mines still there and I asked Origin to do a cease on the 6th.

I asked BT (my PSTN provider) to get Openreach to remove the tag. The reply from Openreach to BT was to speak to my PSTN provider (which is BT of course) they then contacted Openreach again.....and around in circles we go !!

Can anyone help?
29-08-2014, 05:28 PM
This is what's holding everyone up

If they remove the tag I can get fibre from Zen
29-08-2014, 05:40 PM
My mum is still waiting for her tag to be removed, I got Plusnet to ring open reach who told them it cannot be done. Tbh I spoke to possibly the most useless woman from Plusnet last night, she didn't know what a tag was, she also said I vaguely remember an announcement about DR and that we can only install new lines with new phone numbers. I told her that was incorrect and re read the announcement. She was none the wiser!

29-08-2014, 07:27 PM
Ofcom guidance/rules is that a defunct network like digital region tags should automatically be removed after 10 working days, that means that hundreds of tags should be removed by midnight the 29/08/2014
29-08-2014, 08:42 PM
(29-08-2014 07:27 PM)bobhope Wrote:  Ofcom guidance/rules is that a defunct network like digital region tags should automatically be removed after 10 working days, that means that hundreds of tags should be removed by midnight the 29/08/2014

Not long to wait then. I might even wait up. It's almost like waiting for ChristmasAngel
29-08-2014, 09:21 PM
Is there any way for us end users to tell if there's a tag on the line?

Does Spencer have a secret way of finding out?
29-08-2014, 09:33 PM
Having observed records on some of the lines I have been asked to check, they would seem to indicate many will not be done until next week.

Ofcom guideance is all well and good, however SLU is so smallfry, it's not going to be regulated in the same way.

FTTC from Openreach in the early days was the same. Ofcom signalled that it was going to be DSL governed like the rest, but the little ue of it presented some unknowns and differences between FTTC and ADSL, from the ordering process, the faults process to all the intricate little technicalities that needed to be put into place to make it as smoother product as it is now.

With the loss of Digital Region, the SLU product use dropped by a significant amount (all this given the small DRL update).

This means the sample set required to say what a optimal way of supplying the SLU provide is too small to justify any tighter regulation.

I will add, Ofcom were in conversations with DRL, Openreach, BT Wholesale and another business party (they will remain nameless due to essentially a commercial secret, though I doubt many will find it hard to guess), have all been around a table many times with regards to what could be done about DRL if things did not work out.

These conversations were a what it scenario and included the what if BT didn't pickup the running of it (afterall, they did bid).

Well, the obvious outcome of that process is what we see today. It just got dropped, the assets sold and network shut down.

Given how integrated Ofcom were with these conversations and how happy they were to accept from Openreach that migration to GEA FTTC would just not be possible, we would not find it hard pressed to assume that Ofcom might not specifically give the situation its blessing, but certainly isn't going to lift a finger over the 10 working days being exceeded.

Origins handling over the matter. Well, that is another matter.

The above conversations took place a long time ago (some of them were in April 2012 from memory, though may have been before) and were there for ensuring that all parties made the best effort to cost possible, to put steps in place for the eventual conclusion of the network (which didn't specifically mean it had to shut down at that time mind you).

Once a decision made, it was communicated, which occurred in August 2013 to provide 12 months advance notice to provider, not specifically consumers.

As we saw with other providers, they successfully managed to get people off the network.

Ask4. Yes, they claim only to have had two snags with actual orders and openly admit the loss of a number of customers due to the fact they could not provide FTTC after the cutoff, but what I don't see if the public dis-satisfaction was I do with Origin.

That's not to say it hasn't occurred, but I have also not seen them have to defend themselves in public.

Overall, don't expect your problems to be over as soon as you think or would hope. But if the signs I am seeing are correct, mid to late next week will the times you should start to be able to order.
29-08-2014, 11:43 PM
Most lines I have checked don't have any cease orders at all on them bar a couple.

@prichardson people are not as hasty towards ASK4 for one simple reason....communication..Had Origin communicated more I don't think the backlash would have been as bad

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)