Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
T Mobile Internet been down all day
29-08-2014, 10:34 PM
T Mobile Internet been down all day
Noticed this morning that I couldn't access the internet via T Mobile (or EE as it is now called) using 3G. Seems there are thousands in the same boat and complaining like mad that there has been very little from EE as to what is going on.
It seems that a fibre cable in London has been severed and this causing problems right across the country.

http://downdetector.co.uk/problems/ee-ev...everywhere

Phil.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-08-2014, 10:38 PM
RE: T Mobile Internet been down all day
My work phone is on T-Mobile and I hadn't even noticed because I'm on Wi-Fi at work and at home. Just turned Wi-Fi off and you're right, it's all gone boobs up.

I'm actually not bothered as it's my work phone, gives me an excuse not to do any work! It's going to be fun seeing as I'm out of the office most of next week!

Thing is though, EE/T-Mobile shouldn't rely on one single connection in London. Have they not heard of diverse Points of Presence?

ISP: Plusnet | Router: Mikrotik 2011UAS-2HnD-IN | Sync: 50Mbit/15Mbit | PCP: 600m | Exchange: Mosborough
Server: HP Microserver, Aspire V5-171
PC: MacBook Pro, ThinkPad X220
OD: Plex, Chromecast, Roku 2 XS, NowTV, YouView, PS4
Mobile: iPad, LG G3, Nexus 5

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-08-2014, 10:44 PM
I only noticed around lunch time as I was out and had 3G switched on.Thought it was my phone at first so restarted it but still same.As soon as I got home went on to wifi and checked social media sites to find masses of complaints about having no internet and no update from EE..No updates,sound familiar Origin.

Phil.
29-08-2014, 11:31 PM
I thought part of EE's data backbone is actually Three's network?

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-08-2014, 10:17 AM
there's always issues with EE - I wasn't receiving text alerts other day and they blamed 3rd party for delay as they arrived 12 hours later.

They keep screwing up the account - have 3 numbers on my account, 1 is for a kid, other for wife and they keep sending them both competitions, alerts and account information even though I've asked numerous times not to do this - then said other day they have resolved it and blocked them from receiving only for them to get them again

trouble is EE network is only one we get signal on for where we live and visit.

Mirdragon
Forum Moderator

ISP: BT|Modem:HG612 (Modded)|Router: Smoothwall|Sync: 68Mbit/18Mbit
Network: HP Procurve|4 x TP-Link AP
Mobile: Nexus 4+6|Tab 3 8"|Asus VivoTab+Transformer TF101
Media Services: SkyHD|Xbox One|ChromeBox (OpenElec)|Samsung BDH6500|Youview|Netflix
30-08-2014, 10:22 AM
My T Mobile 3G was working around 6 am.As soon as my contract is up in April I am thinking of going with O2.It looks like I get a good signal here with 4G.Vodafone also good but no 3 mobile 4G coverage as yet.
My OH gets a good signal on her O2 phone and when my niece comes she has a good O2 signal with 4G

Phil.
30-08-2014, 05:59 PM
(30-08-2014 10:22 AM)Ray_Von Wrote:  My T Mobile 3G was working around 6 am.As soon as my contract is up in April I am thinking of going with O2.It looks like I get a good signal here with 4G.Vodafone also good but no 3 mobile 4G coverage as yet.
My OH gets a good signal on her O2 phone and when my niece comes she has a good O2 signal with 4G

It was still off at about 6 this morning but was back on by 10ish albeit pretty slow, it seems to have speeded up a bit now.

I guessed it was them after I rang up and promptly got a message "due to the high volume of calls sod off and try later" Confused
30-08-2014, 06:49 PM
The Register carried a small article about the outage,and of course no apology from EE.Angry

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/08/30/...on_friday/

Phil.
30-08-2014, 08:47 PM
(30-08-2014 06:49 PM)Ray_Von Wrote:  The Register carried a small article about the outage,and of course no apology from EE.Angry

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/08/30/...on_friday/

At least I got a message and the the phone put down............................................................................​.......
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)