Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Moving line rental back to BT
06-09-2014, 06:06 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2014 06:07 PM by alexatkin.)
Moving line rental back to BT
Contract was up with PrimusSaver so I wanted to move back to BT to get BT Basic.

Firstly, after placing the order it caused my fibre order with Zen to be rejected as "other order on the line", UGH. Fair enough, Openreach systems suck, this needs to be done I will have to wait.

Everything seemed fine, activation date was exactly when my contract would run out which seemed ideal.

Wake up today (the day after) and the order is still in progress, fantastic.

Just spoken to the BT Order Management Team who had to chase this up with Openreach. It sounds like basically nothing was happening and now I have to wait until Monday for it to complete, presumably midnight, so another day wasted where I cannot order fibre. Very frustrating as I was also supposed to be getting a call from the BT Basic team tomorrow to get things progressing ASAP, particularly as they would waive the £50 charge for moving back to BT. If its still showing as "in progress" on BTs systems, that can't be done either.

What on earth is going on at Openreach to muck up such a seemingly simple process?

Its really nerve racking having problems like this as if they don't do this right I can lose my number, not really acceptable in this day and age IMO.

Its insane that migrating your mobile number back and forth is so painless but moving your land line number cannot be guaranteed, even when staying with an Openreach line and just moving billing provider. Its not like I'm moving to Virgin. Yet for this privilege they also charge us WAY more than mobiles for line rental.

I really really hate Openreach!

[Image: alexatkin.png][Image: referral-ad-120x60.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2014, 08:32 PM
RE: Moving line rental back to BT
BT Systems only allow one order to be processed at a time - I had this problem when placing an order then wanted to place another order - I had to wait for the first order to complete before I could place another.

Loads of people have complained about their ordering system, but they don't seem to want to update it

Mirdragon
Forum Moderator

ISP: BT|Modem:HG612 (Modded)|Router: Smoothwall|Sync: 68Mbit/18Mbit
Network: HP Procurve|4 x TP-Link AP
Mobile: Nexus 4+6|Tab 3 8"|Asus VivoTab+Transformer TF101
Media Services: SkyHD|Xbox One|ChromeBox (OpenElec)|Samsung BDH6500|Youview|Netflix
Find all posts by this user
06-09-2014, 09:41 PM
I figured that, but when they then can't even get that order sorted on time it becomes a much bigger problem.

07-09-2014, 03:07 PM
you'll also get orders disappearing off their system - which is even more frustrating

Mirdragon
Forum Moderator

Media Services: SkyHD|Xbox One|ChromeBox (OpenElec)|Samsung BDH6500|Youview|Netflix
07-09-2014, 10:45 PM
Well it sounded like they had done sod all. As I understand it the 14 day waiting period for migration is all about giving you a cooling off period, the actual work IS relatively simple and "should" be done on your activation day.

Its just frustrating as obviously a single working days delay could mean a week delay getting an engineer, as that is exactly what happened on my DR to Zen ADSL migration.

09-09-2014, 05:59 PM
And now my DSL is down, WTF?

10-09-2014, 02:21 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2014 02:29 PM by alexatkin.)
It seems for some absolutely bizarre reason, Primus put a cease in for my line which then got stuck because at the same time my line was migrating back to BT. However while I haven't lost my land line it seems it did cause the broadband to be removed.

FFS, its not like I could have been any clearer:
Quote:Dear Newcall Telecom,

I would like to give my 30 days notice that I intend to move my land line account NEW05443 to a different provider after my contract ends on 5/9/14.

Alex Atkin.

Quote:On 19/08/14 17:57, [email protected] wrote:
> Account: NEW05443
>
> We are writing to you regarding a query you have logged with New Call Telecom Customer Services under reference: #3479303.
>
> We would like to advise you that your case has been reopened, please see the below notes for further information:
>
> Dear Mr Atkin,
>
> Could you please confirm whether you're having the line taken over by another provider or you would like us to cease the line we're providing you?
>
> Thank you.
>
> We will contact you once the above query is resolved, we may also need to contact you for further information to assist us in resolving the query.
>
> To check on the progress of your query, please contact on 0800 036 3839 or [email protected] and quote the above reference number.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Scott Haythornthwaite
I will be moving to another provider but the order has not been submitted yet so please DO NOT cease the line under any circumstances!

If for any reason a new provider is unable to take over the line within 30 days I expect to continue service with yourselves until such time the migration CAN be completed.

Alex Atkin.

The cease (I specifically asked them not to do) is now stuck on my line preventing Zen from putting the broadband back on, but as far as they can tell the broadband HASN'T been ceased as Primus has no ownership of my line any more. In all sense, Openreach should never have disconnected the broadband as Primus had no right to cease a line no longer with themselves.

I'm having to wait for Primus to get off their arse and chase this up with Openreach as neither Zen or BT can touch this as it was instigated by Primus.

10-09-2014, 03:26 PM
In all honesty i think its because of how u have done it. Your new provider should send out all info and inform your current provider.

It would have been properly then.

Mirdragon
Forum Moderator

10-09-2014, 04:05 PM
I was told I HAD to give 30 days notice in writing, I would normally have just applied to the new telco and let it sort itself out.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)