Don't go to origin as you isp
09-09-2014, 10:02 AM
Don't go to origin as you isp
Well thank you origin you useless excuse for a business.

Anyone finding this post after a search to determine if origin are the isp for you, think very carefully about what your doing.

They will spout you any kind of bull just to make you think there doing something then when it first happen is never their fault. STAY WELL CLEAR OF THIS COMPANY.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2014, 10:21 AM
RE: Don't go to origin as you isp
My only beef with them is their handling of the situation when the network went kaputt.
Prior to that the customer service was generally very good.

I'm not renewing with them though, partly because the minimum contract terms were 24 months.

Also, once bitten, twice shy comes to mind!
09-09-2014, 11:46 AM
Right can finish my original message now my phone has charged Smile

heres the story...

Been in contact with them since everything went down 14th, since then theres been promise after promise. Then they told me I should be able to get an install date between the 20th and 30th of august.

After this I told them I was away on holiday for 2 weeks from the 24th Aug. To which I got the reply "No problem we'll have things sorted for when you get back". well got back yesterday and nothings changed, all you get is "theres nothing we can do as the TAGs still there".WELL GET OFF YOUR ******* ARSE AND ATTEMPT TO GET THE TAG REMOVED AND NOT JUST SIT THERE HOPING ITS GOING TO REMOVE ITSELF.

There just a joke of a company now, one time you could ask them to do something and they would go out of their way to sort it now it seems they just haven't got a clue. Wouldn't be surprised if within the next 12 months the company ceases to exist.
09-09-2014, 12:06 PM
I think they need a bit of PR management. How long did it take for their website to display an apology? At least two weeks I reckon. As has been mentioned elsewhere they didn't help themselves by being quiet/faceless. Also long call wait times, they seemingly had not much backbone or nous to get things done.

I've also phoned them many times but all they could do was offer a new line, well I don't want or need a new line.

It was their messing around that forced me to move elsewhere, along with the annoying hold music!

Pity really, as I'd been with origin since the beginning, customer number 112 I believe!
09-09-2014, 01:12 PM
@agentwalker
Whilst I can't argue with your frustration (in fact I share it) a quick read through other posts on this forum will show that the failure to get tags removed isn't Origin specific. BT, PlusNet, Sky and even A&A all appear to have encountered the issue and all are suggesting a new line as the most favourable solution. The can't all be lazy good for nothing jokes of companies can they?

With hindsight I firmly believe that Origin could have handled the situation a whole lot better. But I'm also convinced that the tag situation isn't necessarily their fault.

Barrie_____________________________________
Dreaming the Life rather than Living the Dream Big Grin
09-09-2014, 01:30 PM
I think its more the fact that they just string you along with promises they have no control over keeping. If they had told me from the off that they haven't a clue when the tag will be removed then I would be ok, but to offer me a install date then telling me it'll be sorted by the time I get back only to find out nothing had changed it really annoys you
09-09-2014, 01:33 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2014 01:36 PM by clifft.)
(09-09-2014 01:12 PM)essenby Wrote:  @agentwalker
Whilst I can't argue with your frustration (in fact I share it) a quick read through other posts on this forum will show that the failure to get tags removed isn't Origin specific. BT, PlusNet, Sky and even A&A all appear to have encountered the issue and all are suggesting a new line as the most favourable solution. The can't all be lazy good for nothing jokes of companies can they?

With hindsight I firmly believe that Origin could have handled the situation a whole lot better. But I'm also convinced that the tag situation isn't necessarily their fault.
The issue is that Thales isn't there to chase things up and they owned the BT connections. Origin were effectively just a reseller, with their own net connections. If Origin had aimed to migrate people off a month beforehand like ASK4, people wouldn't be in this mess. Origin just let the network close down on them and left everybody up the creek without a paddle.
09-09-2014, 06:59 PM
@essenby

Whilst I agree it's not all totally Origin's fault, a good massive portion of it is.

95% Origin - Failing to inform its customers properly (no 30 days notice), Massive censoring of posts, failing to get any migrations when requested, failing to respond to complaints, failing to call customers back, potential mis-selling, long waits in customer service ques...not forgetting MAC codes debacle

5% Thales for not placing cease orders on the 14th on their final day regardless of the event..instead they just killed the authentication side of things and allowed everyones lines to remain in sync.

On that basis..I still wouldn't recommend Origin to anyone at present

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-09-2014, 07:38 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2014 07:43 PM by alexatkin.)
(09-09-2014 01:33 PM)clifft Wrote:  The issue is that Thales isn't there to chase things up and they owned the BT connections. Origin were effectively just a reseller, with their own net connections. If Origin had aimed to migrate people off a month beforehand like ASK4, people wouldn't be in this mess. Origin just let the network close down on them and left everybody up the creek without a paddle.

Origin had nowhere to migrate their users TO, that's why it dragged on until the last minute and beyond.

I agree that they should have handled the situation much better and they are almost entirely to blame for the backlash as they could have been more honest about the problems.

Ultimately though this is a mess of Thales, Openreach and Origin. I still believe they were stringing people on because they genuinely thought they could get things working in time, that has to count for something. Bearing in mind I DID leave them because I was annoyed at being given a date it became obvious they were "hoping to" achieve rather than an actual engineer booked.

A lot of the current issues is that nobody seemed to factor in the workload this would be for Openreach and so we have a lack of engineers to actually get people connected. As to why no ISP is willing to go to the TAGs removal team is anybodies guess, but the fact its across every ISP suggests an Openreach issue.

[Image: alexatkin.png][Image: referral-ad-120x60.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-09-2014, 08:25 PM
(09-09-2014 07:38 PM)alexatkin Wrote:  
(09-09-2014 01:33 PM)clifft Wrote:  The issue is that Thales isn't there to chase things up and they owned the BT connections. Origin were effectively just a reseller, with their own net connections. If Origin had aimed to migrate people off a month beforehand like ASK4, people wouldn't be in this mess. Origin just let the network close down on them and left everybody up the creek without a paddle.

Origin had nowhere to migrate their users TO, that's why it dragged on until the last minute and beyond.
But they could have migrated people. They could have used a MAC to migrate people to ADSL on their network. They could have give people the option of a new line and FTTC on their network. If their new network wasn't ready then that is also down to their poor planning. The whole debacle is firmly in their court and as we have done to death, the fact they didn't keep people informed was beyond appalling.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)