Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
DR Cabinet gone
11-02-2015, 10:56 AM
RE: DR Cabinet gone
all the ones around Anston and Dinnington seem to have gone now, they didn't hang about did they!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2015, 05:06 PM
Bucking the trend somewhat, Cabinet No. 96, on Longley Hall Road, is still there Smile

Barrie_____________________________________
Dreaming the Life rather than Living the Dream Big Grin
11-02-2015, 09:26 PM
Mine has gone but there are still plenty of others still around in Sheffield.

Perhaps they only have taken ones that had the line card upgrade?

[Image: alexatkin.png][Image: referral-ad-120x60.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-02-2015, 12:34 PM
Or possibly taken the ones where there is alternate fibre available leaving the others for future re-purposing?

12-02-2015, 08:27 PM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2015 08:29 PM by gribz_uk.)
(12-02-2015 12:34 PM)essenby Wrote:  Or possibly taken the ones where there is alternate fibre available leaving the others for future re-purposing?

That is a very good point, however would BT want to try and make their equipment fit in someone elses cabinet?

I am pretty sure they will all be removed, roadworks.org lets you see works that are upcoming and my local DRL cabinet is scheduled to be removed between the 21st - 23rd April, which is the same date for your cabinet on Longley Hall Road..
13-02-2015, 10:56 AM
Interesting. Thanks for the pointer that site. It might be able to tell me when the Streets Ahead re-surfacing work will be done (I'm not holding my breath Wink)

13-02-2015, 09:00 PM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2015 09:05 PM by alexatkin.)
Apparently I'm going nuts, my cabinet is still there but someone has broken into it as its taped closed.

Bastards, I wanted that DSLAM. Wink

I see a few listing on roadworks for:
Quote:Service Disconnection to SYDR cabinet - Excavate 1 joint hole in footway and locate cable disconnect apparatus and reinstate excavation

I can understand that being a delay in some areas, but surely mine is disconnected as its been powered down for months?

14-02-2015, 07:41 PM
I don't think they have been broken into as I have seen loads like that. I think they have been stripped out prior to removal. Check the site mentioned above ( http://www.roadworks.org ) for info about when yours will be removed.
24-05-2015, 04:19 PM
Well, despite the lack of updates on superfastsouthyorkshire it looks like real work is happening on marking out the location of DSLAM cabinets.

Where my DRL cabinet used to be is now this;

http://imgur.com/pZvImh5

And i've noticed some other markings on other roads where DRL cabinets used to live. The best one is on the top of Guilford Road where there is a marking the same as this, along with the words "DSLAM" sprayed down. That one kinda gives it away!

So yeah, i'm excited by some white lines on the road, the wife doesn't get it !
24-05-2015, 10:04 PM (This post was last modified: 24-05-2015 10:05 PM by alexatkin.)
I wonder if they left the trunking and cables in from DRL? Could be a nice "cheat" to save time laying new connections to the BT cabs as I assume those bits belong to Openreach anyway.

I wonder what they did with the fibre too? Obviously its still there, but what use is it if not terminated in a cabinet?

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)