My Origin connection so far
25-09-2014, 08:13 PM
RE: My Origin connection so far
@circle of shred

Are you honestly telling me and others this isn't Origins fault at all and they were left without a paddle?...Because this is the perception you are putting over here...

Here's the facts;

Digital Region Ltd, a wholesale network provider, gave its clients exactly a years notice of impending shut down. Origin told its customers not to worry with an email 30 days prior and that everything would be seamless for them...The day of disconnection arrives and nobody can get through to Origin, wait times were through the roof, complaints were rife over social media and everyone had lost their connection. That's over 1000 people..

They then remove all trace of complaints via there social media channel and delete press comments...

Customers who had requested MACS prior to the shutdown wasn't given them within 5 working days...

Yes we could argue this is partly Thales fault, but lets face the facts here, Origin are 99.995% at fault here and there's no way you gloss over it...Actually if you like, I can give you a timetable of everything Origin have done to this point.

Origin claim they didn't know the cost of Openreach migration...Let me ask you this, what businessman looks into completing something without knowing a cost?..It's bizzare!...Please don't tell me Sir Steve Houghton is the saviour of Barnsley council or I will question your sanity Tongue

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-09-2014, 09:05 PM
(25-09-2014 08:13 PM)SpencerUk Wrote:  @circle of shred

Are you honestly telling me and others this isn't Origins fault at all and they were left without a paddle?...Because this is the perception you are putting over here...

Here's the facts;

Digital Region Ltd, a wholesale network provider, gave its clients exactly a years notice of impending shut down. Origin told its customers not to worry with an email 30 days prior and that everything would be seamless for them...The day of disconnection arrives and nobody can get through to Origin, wait times were through the roof, complaints were rife over social media and everyone had lost their connection. That's over 1000 people..

They then remove all trace of complaints via there social media channel and delete press comments...

Customers who had requested MACS prior to the shutdown wasn't given them within 5 working days...

Yes we could argue this is partly Thales fault, but lets face the facts here, Origin are 99.995% at fault here and there's no way you gloss over it...Actually if you like, I can give you a timetable of everything Origin have done to this point.

Origin claim they didn't know the cost of Openreach migration...Let me ask you this, what businessman looks into completing something without knowing a cost?..It's bizzare!...Please don't tell me Sir Steve Houghton is the saviour of Barnsley council or I will question your sanity Tongue

lol. its always easier to peddle crap when theres a percentage involved. 99.995% eh. where did you get this figure from? because your opinion is no more valuable than any one elses. its just that. your opinion.

neither you nor i where at any of the meetings that took place between Origin, Thales, DR or indeed anyone else. so please take your biassed crap elsewhere.

as a moderator of a forum you should not be using it to boost your own agenda. and you quite clearly are/where Anti Origin.

they pulled Ripwire customers out of a hole a few yrs ago. have you forgotten about that?

have any other ISP done any better? did Plusnet/SKY/BT offer to help out those guys?
Find all posts by this user
25-09-2014, 09:16 PM (This post was last modified: 25-09-2014 09:26 PM by alexatkin.)
(25-09-2014 07:41 PM)circle of shred Wrote:  no they didnt. Origin where left without a paddle.

no other ISP has managed to do any better. there are people who jumped ship and are STILL waiting for plusnet. bt sky etc.

the fault laid because Thales walked away and openreach are a law to themselves.

all i read on here are posts from people complaining. get over it. internet is not food/water you can live without it for a while..

Except as I have said before, if Origin were honest and trusting of their customers I could have migrated to Zen ADSL temporarily with zero down time, and then migrated back to Origin Fibre once it was ready. Instead they made promises they couldn't keep.

Also, my mum had her care fund dropped by the council because "you can do everything online, you don't NEED to be taken out". So it absolutely CAN be your food, water and social life.

You are also skimming over the points that while some of what happened was not entirely Origins fault, how they communicated (they didn't) the situation with their customers is ENTIRELY their fault.

If they had been honest from the start that things weren't going to go smoothly because as a small ISP they couldn't afford what Openreach demanded for mass migrations, we wouldn't have been so critical.

I still believe Origin had the best intentions, but you cannot possibly say they have no blame in all this.

(25-09-2014 06:06 PM)auto98 Wrote:  It appears they are using CGNAT now? Explains why a TAGS check shows them as having an incompatible product.

CGNAT is something done internal to their network, it has no bearing on TAGS at all.

The only thing CGNAT does is prevent anything on the Internet from accessing your box at home directly, such as if you run servers or PSN/Xbox Live, etc. You can also opt to have a proper static IP as I have.

[Image: alexatkin.png][Image: referral-ad-120x60.png]
25-09-2014, 09:32 PM
Circle true they had no paddle!!! but they had phone lines with high demand and no staff =customer service meltdown =end of the line for these I'm afraid
Ps they still owe me 6weeks money I'm not holding my breath for that ha ha
25-09-2014, 09:43 PM
@circle of shred

Not that I'm in argumentative mood tonight (besides the fact I've just found out that Google Music doesn't cache to phone on iOS unlike the android version), but I am seriously wondering what you are smoking or drinking.

It's no secret that the bulk or Origin's customers were connected to the Digital Region network...hell even Voots customers were connected to Digital Region via Origin..You know, the blog statement the MD essentially burned Origin. It was clear from that statement that Origin burned its Business partners and customers as well as it's residential customers re disconnection of Digital Region. Also considering that Origin themselves didn't advertise any ADSL product or FTTC product outside Digital Region for a considerable amount of time (November last year their site was still showing DR packages you could sign up to when the network wasn't accepting orders), its fair to say just about all customers bar possibly a couple on a leased line were on Digital Region.

Even Doncaster Race Course's connection went down on the day Digital Region went down. They even took to Facebook themselves to warn its customers...

It's funny you should mention meetings, I think you'll find the first draft for faults diagnosis process prior to when Origin was advertising its business and RiPWiRE went down the pot my name is on a draft faults process which I help write whilst I was working at Plusnet. Later 18 months down the line Fluidata then took on and made a revised one Smile

If there's any agenda's I have, it's to help the hundreds of users Origin Broadband left disconnected and couldn't be bothered to give any form of communication to. Myself @Chalky and @Mirdragon since August have been about 150% more active on the forum as a result. I'm proud of the work that we've done. My perception is that you will rigorously defend Origin to the hilt which is your choice. After all, I won't put you in an electric chair and force you to do otherwise but I honestly don't see how you come to the conclusion that Origin had no way to defend themselves and left without a paddle.

Regards to your RiPWiRE comment , to correct your own statement, I think you'll find that Origin didn't pull them out of the hole at all. Actually what they did was come onto the then old forum located on a subforum of my old blog site to say "don't worry things will be ok" and essentially advertised their business. If you're wanting to know who actually saved RiPWiRE customers, you can thank @ASK4 for that who actually took RiPWiRE customers on and then gave them login details too after. If you'd like proof of Origin's first post, you can view it here ...See they were actually helpful and we actually praised them back then...who knew eh!

Andrews & Arnold took a SLU MAC from @Ray_Von and successfully migrated to ADSL without ZERO complication.
I believe @AlexAtkin got an SLU MAC code from Origin when he didn't even request one and migrated to Zen ADSL no issues.

Further to that, I believe there was one user who also migrated to Plusnet without any issues when he stressed to the provisioning agent about the migration brief (sorry I can't remember who the name is, but its somwhere either in the mass of PM's or in the forum itself)

Openreach exec office have removed atleast 3 tags that I know of too which is part of BT as you know....Is the above atleast showing sufficient effort there?

Following on from my previous post, would you like me to make an Origin Timeline for you?

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
26-09-2014, 02:06 AM
I'm sensing a slight smell of troll...
Or sock puppetry?

Anyway, I have about 38 brain scans to check through
Just hope the internet stays up
26-09-2014, 07:38 AM
@circle of shred can't shill for Origin Broadband on Facebook anymore (I notice you've skipped past that bit, you know, all the censorship) so now feels the need to kick back up on here.

To be frank, if you don't like what we're discussing, f**k off elsewhere. I'm getting rather tired of people like you.

ISP: Plusnet | Router: Mikrotik 2011UAS-2HnD-IN | Sync: 50Mbit/15Mbit | PCP: 600m | Exchange: Mosborough
Server: HP Microserver, Aspire V5-171
PC: MacBook Pro, ThinkPad X220
OD: Plex, Chromecast, Roku 2 XS, NowTV, YouView, PS4
Mobile: iPad, LG G3, Nexus 5

[Image: 1uq3DB4][Image: 1jo9ZvL]
26-09-2014, 08:37 AM
Wonder if it's worth tracing his ip back to source? Probably end up back at the marketing department at origin Lol.
26-09-2014, 08:58 AM (This post was last modified: 26-09-2014 09:16 AM by Chalky.)
(26-09-2014 08:37 AM)agentwalker Wrote:  Wonder if it's worth tracing his ip back to source? Probably end up back at the marketing department at origin Lol.

Forgot to use a Proxy this time:

ISP: Plusnet | Router: Mikrotik 2011UAS-2HnD-IN | Sync: 50Mbit/15Mbit | PCP: 600m | Exchange: Mosborough
Server: HP Microserver, Aspire V5-171
PC: MacBook Pro, ThinkPad X220
OD: Plex, Chromecast, Roku 2 XS, NowTV, YouView, PS4
Mobile: iPad, LG G3, Nexus 5

[Image: 1uq3DB4][Image: 1jo9ZvL]
26-09-2014, 09:55 AM
OMG

Didn't think Origin would stoop this low, but then again it explains a lot with the head-in-the-sand mindset they seem to have!!

I wonder if the Origin Young Businessman of the year is aware of this employee?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)