Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Missed appointment?
26-09-2014, 01:35 PM
Missed appointment?
For the second time now I've had an Openreach engineer fail to turn up.
Their Indian call centre seems quite happy to rearrange for yet another day.

If I miss the appointment I would get charged £90 + vat, do they pay out when they miss an appointment due to their 'lack of resources'?

I've had to take 2 days off work now and will now need to take off another afternoon which is very inconvenient. I get the impression they are quite a faceless organisation with no accountability to the general public as they do not deal with the end user. The lack of empathy from the call centre and no idea who to complain to. I'm not expecting any empathy really as they don't give a t0ss but it's so frustrating not knowing who to complain to.

Sad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2014, 06:01 PM
RE: Missed appointment?
I made sure I selected a morning appointment for my install, as I've been warned that afternoon ones are more prone to cancellation as delays start to build up.
26-09-2014, 06:16 PM
why dont you blame Origin for this?

most other posters on here do.

Most of Origins problems where probably Openreach based
26-09-2014, 06:22 PM (This post was last modified: 26-09-2014 06:22 PM by Hippojay.)
You seem to be taking this personally? Why are you so bothered about what other people say about Origin? How does this affect you so much that you feel the need to defend them so vigorously?
26-09-2014, 08:06 PM
just finding it fun to shoot down people when they incorrectly attribute blame
26-09-2014, 09:13 PM
You might want to re-read this thread then, as I don't believe anyone attributed any blame on Origin. I think you need to chill more and bash at the keyboard less.
26-09-2014, 09:14 PM
Ideally you need to complain through your ISP as they are who you have the contract with

There are many occasions where the engineers have not turned and I know when I migrated to BT in 2012 I informed them if the engineer failed to turn up then I would bill them for my time which would be considerably more than what they charge for me failing to be there when engineer turned up.

Mirdragon
Forum Moderator

ISP: BT|Modem:HG612 (Modded)|Router: Smoothwall|Sync: 68Mbit/18Mbit
Network: HP Procurve|4 x TP-Link AP
Mobile: Nexus 4+6|Tab 3 8"|Asus VivoTab+Transformer TF101
Media Services: SkyHD|Xbox One|ChromeBox (OpenElec)|Samsung BDH6500|Youview|Netflix
26-09-2014, 10:57 PM
@Circle of shred / origin employee, if you read my post you'll notice I was grumbling about openreach, not origin. Conveniently missed that fact didn't you?

@mirdragon, I raised a complaint with Zen, although I don't know how much good it will do. Today's appointment was a morning one, yesterday's was an afternoon one. Zen have been understanding and - unlike Origin - do call me back when they say they will.

27-09-2014, 11:16 AM
I think Openreach compensate the ISP a measly £40 or so for a missed appointment. I believe in turn you never see that but may get a free month or something?. Has Zen escalated this @bishbosh

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-09-2014, 10:17 PM
I've got an install booked for Monday afternoon and I'm not getting my hopes up.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)