Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Cancelling Plusnet within Contract Question
08-10-2014, 10:06 AM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2014 10:12 AM by WillPS.)
Cancelling Plusnet within Contract Question
May be one for @SpencerUk or somebody else with Plusnet knowledge.

Signed up for an 18 month contract last November; line rental (saver paid in advance for the first year) + BB unlimited. If I left now, what charges would be payable?

Would it be the full (£15.75 * 6)+(£9.99 * 6)? Asking because that EE offer in the MSE email is mighty tempting, but obviously if the charges for leaving Plusnet are much more than £100 it's not worth doing.

EDIT: Found this page: http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/price_guide.html - Table 1.8 indicates the early cancellation fee as being £5.50 for Broadband & Phone - so would that be (6* £5.50) or would that be in addition to above?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2014, 12:18 PM
RE: Cancelling Plusnet within Contract Question
Erm pass. Not familiar the Plusnet cancellation policy. Sorry!

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-10-2014, 03:34 PM
(08-10-2014 10:06 AM)WillPS Wrote:  May be one for @SpencerUk or somebody else with Plusnet knowledge.

Or someone from Plusnet? Wink

(08-10-2014 10:06 AM)WillPS Wrote:  Signed up for an 18 month contract last November; line rental (saver paid in advance for the first year) + BB unlimited. If I left now, what charges would be payable?

Assuming you've a copper rather than a fibre product, you'd pay £5.50 per month for the remaining months of your 18 month contract. There's no refund for any unspent line rental you may have paid for in advance.

Migrating to EE should be fine, however if you move to cable or cease the line entirely then you can expect a £30 cessation fee on top of the above too.

If it ain't broke though... Cool

Best regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet
community.plus.net
09-10-2014, 08:06 PM
I've heard a lot of bad things about EE Broadband and if it's like their Mobile service good luck in getting things sorted if something goes wrong - as Bob says if it ain't broken and you have no problems why switch mid-contract

Mirdragon
Forum Moderator

ISP: BT|Modem:HG612 (Modded)|Router: Smoothwall|Sync: 68Mbit/18Mbit
Network: HP Procurve|4 x TP-Link AP
Mobile: Nexus 4+6|Tab 3 8"|Asus VivoTab+Transformer TF101
Media Services: SkyHD|Xbox One|ChromeBox (OpenElec)|Samsung BDH6500|Youview|Netflix
09-10-2014, 10:48 PM
@bobpullen

Thanks for clearing it up.

We sometimes do ask someone from Plusnet to answer the questions that's on here but the previous chap that registered wasn't exactly helpful..kind of reminded me of a couple of team leaders I knew back in the day..you know, fish out of water and useless Wink

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-10-2014, 11:14 AM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2014 11:18 AM by WillPS.)
Thanks for the reply @bobpullen - thought you'd disappeared!

(09-10-2014 08:06 PM)mirdragon Wrote:  I've heard a lot of bad things about EE Broadband and if it's like their Mobile service good luck in getting things sorted if something goes wrong - as Bob says if it ain't broken and you have no problems why switch mid-contract

Because I stand to save a lot of money.

My connection is crap, that's a fact which nobody is willing to change (I've had more or less the same speed give or take 200kbps from Sky and Plusnet, and O2 weren't far off once I'd sorted out my crap wiring arrangement) - while that's the case, I'll happily save myself ~£200 over a year, especially if EE are willing to pay the cancellation fees at Plusnet!

That said, EE's broadband checker is only promising 4Mbps (most state 4-7Mbps; I normally achieve ~5Mbps).

I live in hope that Sheffield exchange will one day be enabled for Fibre, in which case I'll happily shell out.
10-10-2014, 12:35 PM
(10-10-2014 11:14 AM)WillPS Wrote:  I live in hope that Sheffield exchange will one day be enabled for Fibre, in which case I'll happily shell out.

You and me both! The irony isn't lost on me that we can't get fibre here in the office

Bob Pullen
Plusnet
community.plus.net
10-10-2014, 12:59 PM
(10-10-2014 12:35 PM)bobpullen Wrote:  
(10-10-2014 11:14 AM)WillPS Wrote:  I live in hope that Sheffield exchange will one day be enabled for Fibre, in which case I'll happily shell out.

You and me both! The irony isn't lost on me that we can't get fibre here in the office
Can you not pull some strings with your BT group colleagues over at Openreach? Tongue
10-10-2014, 01:30 PM
(10-10-2014 12:59 PM)WillPS Wrote:  Can you not pull some strings with your BT group colleagues over at Openreach? Tongue

Oh, we've tried (and continue to do so) Wink

Bob Pullen
Plusnet
community.plus.net
21-10-2014, 09:31 AM
Well that was much quicker than expected. My broadband changed over to EE yesterday morning - less than a week after I'd ordered!

Unfortunately had cause to ring CS day 1 as they ignored the instruction I sent via email immediately after to send the router to a different address. Luckily Plusnet don't lock their routers so a change of username later and everything was working. Incidentally the username is a piece of history - *.orangehome.co.uk@fs - a pitty there's no wannadoo reference in there.

Speed is around 4.6Mbps which I expect will increase over the training period.

Massive kudos to Plusnet.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)