Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Any ideas? I'm so beyond furious
16-10-2014, 12:18 PM
Bug Any ideas? I'm so beyond furious
waited 3 weeks for a tag to be removed before I could place an order to get bt infinity fibre.
Got an install date, lovely gentleman came, hooked us up at cabinet, only to find that the port was faulty, waited another week for port to be fixed, then another engineer came to connect us. Nothing. 3 1/2 hours later as lots of phone calls the gentleman couldn't do anything, fibre was coming through on the line test, but not to my home hub, tried 3 other home hub 5s and 2 home hub 4s ad nothing. He replaced the face plate on the socket, even tried 2 filter sockets. Nothing. He said we needed another engineer because fibre is coming through but it must be really weak that it's not connecting to the hub, so another engineer with more sophisticated equiptment needs to check the line.
So yesterday another engineer came, checked the line and said it was all fine an had no idea why it wasn't working.
Anyone have any ideas, because clearly the engineers don't
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-10-2014, 01:24 PM (This post was last modified: 16-10-2014 01:26 PM by WillPS.)
RE: Any ideas? I'm so beyond furious
Nothing to help you with Infinity, but might it not be worth pestering BT to give you an ADSL connection so you have something to keep you going?

Edit: just a random thought - but could the tie pair for DR still be in place; effectively cutting the Fibre on your line short at the cabinet?
16-10-2014, 01:44 PM
I have the CEO department working on this since august 28th so it would have been much slower process if it hadn't been handled by them. I emailed my case officer last night and suggested that I get normal broadband till this gets sorted, she's emailed me this morning saying that I have an appt on Monday and has assured me this will be fixed this time.
How would I know if the tie pair is still there?! lol isn't that the engineers thing?
16-10-2014, 06:04 PM
yes it is an engineer thing at the cabinet, and they have been known scratch their heads and say somethings wrong here and I don't know what
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)