Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Origin Has A Moan At Plusnet
17-10-2014, 08:44 PM
Origin Has A Moan At Plusnet
Interesting article popped up into my feed today regarding Origin taking some pot shots at Plusnet

Whilst I don't like the Plusnet adverts and frequently find myself changing the channel for 30 seconds or so while it gets off tele, I don't see how Origin can can take pot shots at Plusnet when they can't get their own house in order re Tech Support wait times, Provision issues, Tags issues, Refunds, complaints, etc.

Quote from Oliver here;

Quote:“We have built the network specifically for Yorkshire,” he said.

“We’re not owned by anyone else, we’re owned by Yorkshire people. We invest in Yorkshire jobs and we invest in the local network in the area to create a network for Yorkshire people.

“There is nothing more to it than that and that’s why we’re pushing the Yorkshire thing so much.”

He went on to say: “Plusnet might trade on the Yorkshire brand but its not really Yorkshire, it's making fun out of Yorkshire. A lot of it is - the flat caps, the brass bands and the dog.

He doesn't mention though that the jobs he creates he isn't actually paying a proper wage for and instead puts them on apprentice wages....Like a true politician, never tells the full picture.

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-10-2014, 09:56 PM
RE: Origin Has A Moan At Plusnet
I really don't understand why they would do this when they're trying so hard, as far as I can tell, to BE Plusnet.

It's a bit 'pot calling the kettle black' when they do exactly the same thing. The dogs:

The Yorkshire songs on Music on Hold... And if you want to talk about taking the piss and sterotyping... Brain Blessed... COME ON!

Plusnet started out as a small Yorkshire company just like Origin Broadband. Yes they got bought out by BT because of their success.

It does really smell like jealousy more than anything in my opinion. I don't think they earn any respect from anyone by shit slinging and trying to put down other companies who are more successful than yourself.

ISP: Plusnet | Router: Mikrotik 2011UAS-2HnD-IN | Sync: 50Mbit/15Mbit | PCP: 600m | Exchange: Mosborough
Net: Netgear GS608, 3 Home Signal
Server: HP Microserver, Aspire V5-171
PC: MacBook Pro, ThinkPad X220
OD: Plex, Chromecast, Roku 2 XS, NowTV, YouView, XBOX 360
Mobile: iPad, LG G3, Nexus 5

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)