Nas drives
27-11-2014, 07:43 PM (This post was last modified: 27-11-2014 07:43 PM by john22rob.)
Nas drives
hi all,

im considering buying this http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/d-link-sharece...sure-a59lu
i'm fed up of having to plug my 2 TB HDD and have the cable go across the room floor to my laptop. i use it to save my downloads, stream films to my xbox and T.V.

my questions are:

1a) Will i be able to set Vuze or Utorrent to download direct to it?
1b) Will speed be affected?

2) Can i access this data from my mobile, another computer on the go? the idea is to let family access it

thanks for any replies

John22rob

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2014, 07:55 PM
RE: Nas drives
you probably best looking at d-link's website for that info

I've stopped buying d-link products ages ago, because of their poor support and product software/firmware updates to UK customers

Mirdragon
Forum Moderator

ISP: BT|Modem:HG612 (Modded)|Router: Smoothwall|Sync: 68Mbit/18Mbit
Network: HP Procurve|4 x TP-Link AP
Mobile: Nexus 4+6|Tab 3 8"|Asus VivoTab+Transformer TF101
Media Services: SkyHD|Xbox One|ChromeBox (OpenElec)|Samsung BDH6500|Youview|Netflix
28-11-2014, 11:42 PM
(28-11-2014 07:55 PM)mirdragon Wrote:  you probably best looking at d-link's website for that info

I've stopped buying d-link products ages ago, because of their poor support and product software/firmware updates to UK customers

so what would you suggest i buy for my needs?

thanks

29-11-2014, 09:12 PM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2014 09:13 PM by mirdragon.)
if you have an old pc - use that

I have a freenas server - which runs of a pc configuration - there are various plugins available for downloading so no need to have another box doing it - but if you have another pc and you want to have files saved directly to it then this can easily be done

I have all my media on the freenas box and the os runs from a usb stick, meaning all sata ports used for drives Smile

I also run Plex Media Server (have a look at the plex thread in this forum) on it and you can also have minidlna if needed

Mirdragon
Forum Moderator

ISP: BT|Modem:HG612 (Modded)|Router: Smoothwall|Sync: 68Mbit/18Mbit
Network: HP Procurve|4 x TP-Link AP
Mobile: Nexus 4+6|Tab 3 8"|Asus VivoTab+Transformer TF101
Media Services: SkyHD|Xbox One|ChromeBox (OpenElec)|Samsung BDH6500|Youview|Netflix
08-12-2014, 09:58 PM
i wanted something cheap so i went for the D-link dns320 £32. i have all of my devices working from it but i cannot for the life of me get FTP to work.

I have set up a ddns, i have entered this in my router and my nas and they both say it is connected. i have port forwarded port 21 to my nas ip.

i type in my browser http://ftp.dlinkddns.com and it asks for a username and password, i type in my ddns user name and password and nothing, it asks me again.

Am i doing something wrong?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)