Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
SFSY Rollout
08-06-2015, 11:36 AM
SFSY Rollout
Thought I'd start a new thread off the back of the one on DRL cabinets and the announcement.

Barnsley MBC have replied to my FOI:

Quote:Desk surveys have been completed and site surveys are underway to secure the locations for phase 1 cabinets. Due to unconfirmed locations we are unable to be specific about phase 1 at this point in time; however, we can confirm cabinets will go live within the following exchange areas:
Barnsley
Cudworth
Dinnington
Doncaster
Rotherham
Sheffield Cutler

The cabinets in phase 1 are due to go live and ready for customer orders between October and December 2015 (subject to testing).
Cabinets in the exchange areas listed above are those due for deployment in 2015.

Superfast South Yorkshire aim to have a post code checker ready as soon as possible to enable residents and businesses across South Yorkshire to check the deployment for post codes.

Exciting stuff.

Despite roadworks now being booked around Norfolk Park the BT checker still says "exploring solutions".
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2015, 09:14 PM
RE: SFSY Rollout
(08-06-2015 11:36 AM)WillPS Wrote:  Despite roadworks now being booked around Norfolk Park the BT checker still says "exploring solutions".

Depressingly, the roadworks.org entry for my cabinet (PCP 81) has now vanished.. looks like i'll have to fork out some cash to EE when this 200gb data sim runs out..
08-06-2015, 10:25 PM
How hard can it be to get a postcode checker up and running...In answer to my own question,knowing South Yorkshire...Very Hard. HuhBig Grin

Phil.
09-06-2015, 10:25 AM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2015 10:26 AM by essenby.)
@Ray_Von - not much point in a post code checker that just returns "Sorry - we don't know any more than you yet" Big Grin

@gribz_uk - If you have a MiFi device you can get 6Gb, 90day, 4G, EE data SIMs on e-bay for around £15. Half what they would be in the EE stores. You need to re-register every time you change it but that's no real hassle.

Barrie_____________________________________
Dreaming the Life rather than Living the Dream Big Grin
09-06-2015, 01:03 PM
(08-06-2015 09:14 PM)gribz_uk Wrote:  
(08-06-2015 11:36 AM)WillPS Wrote:  Despite roadworks now being booked around Norfolk Park the BT checker still says "exploring solutions".

Depressingly, the roadworks.org entry for my cabinet (PCP 81) has now vanished.. looks like i'll have to fork out some cash to EE when this 200gb data sim runs out..

I see it... 12 Jun - 25 Jun

Nothing on my cabinet yet, BT are creating a concrete chamber across the tram tracks though.
09-06-2015, 04:53 PM
(09-06-2015 01:03 PM)WillPS Wrote:  I see it... 12 Jun - 25 Jun

Nothing on my cabinet yet, BT are creating a concrete chamber across the tram tracks though.

Oh, it's back again. Good news!

This is all good stuff, it's a shame the councils are not doing something like this, giving live blog updates, pictures, just snippets of information.

I know there's probably only a limited audience of geeks (like us) that would be interested for a start, but it might help generate more of a buzz at the very least.
09-06-2015, 05:23 PM
I keep checking the roadworks site every week but no news yet for my area. I wonder if the the postcode checker on superfast South Yorkshire will be up and running by the end of the year??
10-06-2015, 01:50 PM
(09-06-2015 04:53 PM)gribz_uk Wrote:  
(09-06-2015 01:03 PM)WillPS Wrote:  I see it... 12 Jun - 25 Jun

Oh, it's back again. Good news!

This is all good stuff, it's a shame the councils are not doing something like this, giving live blog updates, pictures, just snippets of information.

I know there's probably only a limited audience of geeks (like us) that would be interested for a start, but it might help generate more of a buzz at the very least.
I know, it's excruciating. Ultimately we can get the information out of them on a 40 day turnaround using FOIs.

I guess unlike Digital Region we'll have all the Openreach based providers mailing the hell out of us with "fibre now available" type stuff when it happens. Do you know whether all the ISPs will launch at once or do BT normally lead?
11-06-2015, 01:04 AM
I should think all ISPs would launch at the same time, or it would be anti-competitive.

[Image: alexatkin.png][Image: referral-ad-120x60.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-06-2015, 01:29 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2015 01:33 PM by essenby.)
Since when has being anti-competitive ever held BT/OR back from doing anything ? Their whole business model appears to have been built on that very precept. Wink

If they had truly been anti-competitive DR my still have beenwith us, or at least migration would not have left people without an internet connection for months on end!

Barrie_____________________________________
Dreaming the Life rather than Living the Dream Big Grin
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)