Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
SFSY Rollout
11-06-2015, 04:40 PM
RE: SFSY Rollout
(09-06-2015 01:03 PM)WillPS Wrote:  Nothing on my cabinet yet, BT are creating a concrete chamber across the tram tracks though.

Is this your cabinet?

SHEFFIELD - PCP84 - 310422 - 310425 - BDUK - SHEFFIELD 84 - STREET CABINET& POWER INSTALLATION. Exc...

If so, you're booked in between 24th June - 7th July. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2015, 01:55 AM
Newp, further down the hill - the only one on Park Grange Drive.

It's all good. I've got my line rental paid up with EE until October. I'm hoping that'll be about right Wink
15-06-2015, 04:50 PM
Damn, bad luck!

In the meantime, here are some nerdalicious photos to prove that work actually is happening, despite the deafening silence from SFSY;

http://imgur.com/a/FD2f0

And while I was writing this, the first ever SFSY newsletter dropped in to my inbox, telling us... nothing new !

Oh well, maybe they would be interested in using my photos to prove things are happening? Smile
15-06-2015, 06:07 PM
Wow that newsletter is so informative!
16-06-2015, 09:31 AM
To be fair - the newsletter did direct readers to the "recently updated" SFSY website. I'm just damned if I can see what "updates" they have made"

Barrie_____________________________________
Dreaming the Life rather than Living the Dream Big Grin
19-06-2015, 05:22 PM
Cabinets near me have gone in now, still no updates on exchange activation etc. Could just be looking at these boxes for a while!

http://m.imgur.com/a/k3ojT
30-06-2015, 12:44 PM
So loads of cabinets going in now in Highfield and around Norfolk Park, but no word from BT on when they'll do anything. In fact, Openreach don't even list SFSY amongst their awarded projects. How very annoying.
01-07-2015, 05:19 AM
Gribz - it looks like you will be one of the first on here to get superfast via SFSY. Have you spoken to your ISP or any others to see if they have a go live date? Keep us updated.

Thanks.
01-07-2015, 11:34 AM
I checked with my provider and basically they had the same information as me. "We think so...", "Maybe ...", "We don't know when . ." Sad

Barrie_____________________________________
Dreaming the Life rather than Living the Dream Big Grin
01-07-2015, 08:37 PM
(01-07-2015 05:19 AM)Paddy Wrote:  Gribz - it looks like you will be one of the first on here to get superfast via SFSY. Have you spoken to your ISP or any others to see if they have a go live date? Keep us updated.

Thanks.

I would hope so! But so far nothing from no one. I think the fact that even the Openreach FTTC checker (http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/) still says "Exploring Solutions" says loads.

I am going to email David Oliver at the council again and see if he give me a update on what's happening..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)