Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
SFSY Rollout
24-07-2015, 05:38 PM (This post was last modified: 24-07-2015 05:39 PM by gribz_uk.)
RE: SFSY Rollout
Well, finally got a response regarding exchange status, they basically shrugged their shoulders at me and said "dunno". However, two days later Sheffield Cutler is now listed as coming soon on http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk, what a coincidence!

They also said my cabinet in Norfolk Park is due to go live between October and December 2015, so moving on slowly!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-07-2015, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the update. My exchange at Attercliffe is now showing as a planned area so sometime within the next 18 months!
25-07-2015, 01:52 AM
Yes! It's real.

Too bad that I now might be moving away :/
25-07-2015, 08:30 AM (This post was last modified: 25-07-2015 08:31 AM by Paddy.)
So long as you move to a already enabled Superfast area then!
30-07-2015, 10:31 AM
Post code checker is now live at the superfastsouthyorkshire website.

http://www.superfastsouthyorkshire.co.uk/sfsy/where
30-07-2015, 10:57 AM
According to the postcode checker my address is down for between Jan and March 2016.

Saying that,what actually does the 'deployment phase' mean.Is that when FTTC will be available to connect to your home Confused

Thanks Biezom for providing the link,much appreciated.Smile

Phil.
30-07-2015, 12:00 PM
I'm getting phase 1 January to March 2016 but also phase 2 April to June 2016. Oh well hopefully by this time next year I will be on superfast!!

I think the deployment phase is when the equipment will be installed but it will take a little longer after that for ISPs to update their systems.

Thanks again Biezom.
31-07-2015, 02:14 PM (This post was last modified: 31-07-2015 02:20 PM by Rothbiz.)
Press has started regarding the roll out.

Here's my Rotherham article: http://www.rothbiz.co.uk/2015/07/news-53...south.html

Analysis of the, now £28m, project shows that the total public sector cost per net additional job is £66,722, considerably outside the benchmark range and not value for money.

First phase areas mentioned in the various press releases include:

Highfield, Upperthorpe, Norfolk Park and Burngreave.
Dinnington, Canklow, Parkgate and Fitzwilliam Road (Eastwood).
Dodworth, Grimethorpe, Oakwell and Stairfoot.
31-07-2015, 06:41 PM
This is great news.

I have seen on roadwords.org the deployment of the cabinet near me, they finally finished it last week and I can see a shiny new cabinet next to my phone cabinet. Now I can confirm I am in phase 1 with the postcode checker.

As the cabinet is in I am guessing the dates are go live dates, lets hope for October over December but I am still just happy with 2015.

Anyone know if we can enquire about FTTP costs or have BT stopped orders for that now? I read somewhere it is £500 activation and £2/meter then £50/month for 330/30. If so I'd like to enquire about an order before FTTC goes live to keep the order time scale to a minimum.
31-07-2015, 10:10 PM
still under review for me in wath Postcode S63 6FTDeployment Phase Under Review been ur for 2 yr wonder how long it takes them to actually review anything
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)