Small Forum Changes
14-04-2012, 09:14 PM (This post was last modified: 14-04-2012 09:16 PM by SpencerUk.)
Information Small Forum Changes
Hi all,

Following my recent post about adding in the British language back to the forum, some other small changes will come in too. These are not really major changes, but I like to keep people informed and where we are at!

What's Done
  • Gone is the "Help Me" subforum. I looked at it and thought to myself, "what's the point?". This is now just merged into the "Chit Chat" forum. It may come back in future, but I doubt it.
  • In your profile field, you will see a field which says "Digital Region ISP". I thought it would be nice to add it in. It also gives me and my team a rough idea where our userbase is at. Naturally, the majority will be ASK4 (due to the RiPWiRE migration), but I like to see if other new members are also with them.
  • Of course, we have also added the British Language pack. It was personally annoying me and I wanted to get this changed lol.
  • Some may have noticed, but earlier in the week, the forum went down for a short time. This was to update to the latest release of the forum. From what the change logs say, it was mainly bug fixes.

In The Pipeline
  • Potential Twitter integration. It's not really designed for the users on here, but more for getting attention from the Twitter world about Digital Region and this forum.
  • Potential Digital Region package selector. Funny title, I know. Working on it. It's something I had on my mind when I rebranded the forum but then literally threw it into my bin as I thought there was no need. The more I think about it, I still stand by that choice, but if I get some time, it may help potential customers join the network and let us grow Cool
  • I'm thinking of running a trial which will involve me most likely footing the cost and sending a piece of hardware out to a user to test. Would be basically a different VDSL2 modem. Not ran the idea past @mattyatty1 or @midragon yet. So it's very, very early doors!. Would anyone be interested in being a test subject?

In Other News

What do you want from us?. Is there anything we can do to make this forum better?.

I know everyone is craving for a service status page. We have asked ISP's and Digital Region and we are still at a dead end. We won't give up!.

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)