Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Where is ASK4 max/ultra?
17-05-2012, 05:19 PM
RE: Where is ASK4 max/ultra?
Thanks for the reply - does this mean that you are testing/trialling these new solutions, or simply watching to see what happens?

I'd have thought/hoped that a smaller provider would have the agility to react faster and take advantage of newer products - therefore provide a differentiator, before the masses joined in?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-05-2012, 09:16 PM
Bit of both, we're testing them but we also obviously keep an eye on what else is going on on the network.

When we get to a point that we're happy with the products and we're confident they can do what they should then we'll look to offer them to customers.

Tel: 0845 123 8710
Email: [email protected]
Portal: http://portal.ask4.com/
29-08-2012, 04:28 PM
I've been on the 80/20 trial with Ask4 for about 6 months and recently had some connection issues (Apparently BT at the cabinet). My connection came back online yesterday at 40/10 speeds. After speaking with Ask4 they have told me I can not be placed back on the Trial and there is no further information.

So either its coming soon and they're kicking people off the trial, or they're just not bothering. I feel trod on "There is nothing I can do Paul, Sorry", I've gone from 65mb/23mb to 39.99mb/9.80mb Smile

Router: Draytek 2850n ISP: Ask4 (was: 65.96Mb/15.60Mb, now: 38.9Mb/9.40Mb Confused) / Plusnet (10.56Mb/0.74Mb)
29-08-2012, 05:14 PM
They should be able to give a reason of why you can't be put back on trial, upgraded or if they are not going to supply.

if you notice though Ask4 haven't been active on the forums that much for a good few months, even though they frequent the forums regularly

Mirdragon
Forum Moderator

ISP: BT|Modem:HG612 (Modded)|Router: Smoothwall|Sync: 68Mbit/18Mbit
Network: HP Procurve|4 x TP-Link AP
Mobile: Nexus 4+6|Tab 3 8"|Asus VivoTab+Transformer TF101
Media Services: SkyHD|Xbox One|ChromeBox (OpenElec)|Samsung BDH6500|Youview|Netflix
29-08-2012, 10:05 PM
I'm not surprised that Ask4 are reluctant to offer Max seeing as Digital Region are only allowing a max 70/30 service not 80/20.

It doesn't "look" very appealing next to BTs 80/20 service unless you REALLY need a couple more megs of upstream bandwidth. Despite the fact it may ultimately be superior to BT in many ways, appearance is always going to be a factor in deciding if to offer a package or not.

[Image: alexatkin.png][Image: referral-ad-120x60.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-08-2012, 07:28 AM
(29-08-2012 05:14 PM)mirdragon Wrote:  They should be able to give a reason of why you can't be put back on trial, upgraded or if they are not going to supply.

if you notice though Ask4 haven't been active on the forums that much for a good few months, even though they frequent the forums regularly

Still around, just not been much to reply to Smile

As I said back in May, once we get to a point that we're happy with the offering from DRL we'll look to offer it.

Tel: 0845 123 8710
Email: [email protected]
Portal: http://portal.ask4.com/
30-08-2012, 10:06 AM
(30-08-2012 07:28 AM)jody-ASK4 Wrote:  
(29-08-2012 05:14 PM)mirdragon Wrote:  They should be able to give a reason of why you can't be put back on trial, upgraded or if they are not going to supply.

Still around, just not been much to reply to Smile

As I said back in May, once we get to a point that we're happy with the offering from DRL we'll look to offer it.

Hi Jody,

I think that is the best way, no point in offering a particular service to a customer that you as a provider are not happy with.

It will also prevent negative feedback from customer's as well

Mirdragon
Forum Moderator

ISP: BT|Modem:HG612 (Modded)|Router: Smoothwall|Sync: 68Mbit/18Mbit
Network: HP Procurve|4 x TP-Link AP
Mobile: Nexus 4+6|Tab 3 8"|Asus VivoTab+Transformer TF101
Media Services: SkyHD|Xbox One|ChromeBox (OpenElec)|Samsung BDH6500|Youview|Netflix
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)