Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Silent Updates
03-06-2012, 10:21 PM
Silent Updates
Ever considered at all introducing Silent Updates to the program?

It appears to be a trending thing these days with browsers..Chrome does it and now Firefox too..Maybe something for a future plan?

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2012, 10:24 PM
RE: Silent Updates
(03-06-2012 10:21 PM)SpencerUk Wrote:  Ever considered at all introducing Silent Updates to the program?

It appears to be a trending thing these days with browsers..Chrome does it and now Firefox too..Maybe something for a future plan?

I believe i have done it before but i took it out as i think there was a problem with the uac on win7 but was a long while ago now.

Shall have another look if all goes well with the new upload method.

[Image: livetag_jackgreg999000.png]
Find all posts by this user
07-06-2012, 06:33 AM
well spenc, looks like i have been able to introduce a silent update method , had a good few problems and is very hard to test without a lot of assing around but i think its done Smile

it will be included in the next update release.

Cheers Bman xD

08-06-2012, 10:14 AM
Win!

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
08-06-2012, 11:19 AM
well iv released the beta (last one i hope now before stable release), it includes the silent updater but you do have to switch it on atm, a tick box on the front page of the config's.

iv been testing and looks like its going to work ok Smile

13-06-2012, 11:53 AM
I think it's better to have it opt-in and not on by default or especially not mandatory.

I prefer to know what my machine is doing and when updates are applied so I know that if a problem occurs what the likely cause of the problem is!

Keep up the good work! Smile

ISP: Plusnet | Router: Mikrotik 2011UAS-2HnD-IN | Sync: 50Mbit/15Mbit | PCP: 600m | Exchange: Mosborough
Server: HP Microserver, Aspire V5-171
PC: MacBook Pro, ThinkPad X220
OD: Plex, Chromecast, Roku 2 XS, NowTV, YouView, PS4
Mobile: iPad, LG G3, Nexus 5

13-06-2012, 12:03 PM
yea , well iv just released the next stable update. The silent update is off by default and certainly is not mandatory.

The default is set to offer stable updates but thats not the silent update thats the normal update method that offers the user a choice if they want to update or not.

Glad people are finding it of use , quite a bit of chatter on various ISP forums now.

CheersBig Grin

15-06-2012, 09:24 AM
(13-06-2012 12:03 PM)jackdinn Wrote:  yea , well iv just released the next stable update. The silent update is off by default and certainly is not mandatory.

The default is set to offer stable updates but thats not the silent update thats the normal update method that offers the user a choice if they want to update or not.

Glad people are finding it of use , quite a bit of chatter on various ISP forums now.

CheersBig Grin

Since this update I am getting a error during the upload test

ConcoleApplication1 has stopped working

[Image: livetag_409452.png]
15-06-2012, 10:28 AM
have you got .net v4 ? , jdast should have checked for it but maybe its missed it.

other than that it is a little weird as its been out as a beta for quite a while now and iv not had any reports of this.

15-06-2012, 10:34 AM
(15-06-2012 10:28 AM)jackdinn Wrote:  have you got .net v4 ? , jdast should have checked for it but maybe its missed it.

other than that it is a little weird as its been out as a beta for quite a while now and iv not had any reports of this.

I had the beta installed with the new upload method that required .net v4 and that worked fine its just happened after I updated to the last version I will try a re install.

[Image: livetag_409452.png]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)