Silent Updates
15-06-2012, 11:13 AM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2012 11:46 AM by jackdinn.)
RE: Silent Updates
i think i might have found what it is,

I used to parse the ftp password to the C# code by command argument along with server , user & remote folder.

But as the arguments were pretty easy to see in a good process explorer/ task manager etc i decided to parse the password itself by writing a file to the %temp% dir, reading it with the C# code and then deleting it straight after , this makes it much harder to see as its all done in a few milliseconds.

Iv tested what happens if this %temp% file does not exist and yea iv missed some error checking here it does crash , so it does look like yours is not writing the %temp%\passwordfile.

What i shall have to do is if the %temp%\passwordfile dont exist then i shall have to parse it with the other arguments.

i shall get back to you at some point today with a fix .
I shall get this sorted

[Image: livetag_jackgreg999000.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2012, 12:15 PM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2012 01:14 PM by jackdinn.)
please try this http://jackdinn.co.uk/dump/JDast_installer.exe

im not sure if its that it cant write to your temp or if the C# code cant read it but this will check for failure of writing.

If its failing to write then it should now just parse the pw as an argument and work, if it cant read then jdast should come up with a message something like "cant connect" or "wrong password" or "failed to connect to user account" , sorry i cant remember what a wrong password error is but you'll know it if you see it.

please let me know what happens ,

Cheers.

opps, sorry that was not quite right, iv repackaged the installer with the right C# code this time Undecided

pls re-download from same link and try again,

just trying to go to fast , my bad .

16-06-2012, 12:10 AM
(15-06-2012 12:15 PM)jackdinn Wrote:  please try this http://jackdinn.co.uk/dump/JDast_installer.exe

im not sure if its that it cant write to your temp or if the C# code cant read it but this will check for failure of writing.

If its failing to write then it should now just parse the pw as an argument and work, if it cant read then jdast should come up with a message something like "cant connect" or "wrong password" or "failed to connect to user account" , sorry i cant remember what a wrong password error is but you'll know it if you see it.

please let me know what happens ,

Cheers.

opps, sorry that was not quite right, iv repackaged the installer with the right C# code this time Undecided

pls re-download from same link and try again,

just trying to go to fast , my bad .

I've installed this on my win7 and it works now as expected with adapter hooks but gets weird results without.

I also tried it (first time today) on windows home server and got a wrong password error my idea was to try using it with srvany to run as a system service for the live graph.

[Image: livetag_409452.png]
16-06-2012, 07:23 AM (This post was last modified: 16-06-2012 07:31 AM by jackdinn.)
Quote:I also tried it (first time today) on windows home server and got a wrong password error
so when you say you tried it on whs and got the wrong pw error , was this on the same computer that it was showing consoleapplication1 crash TO your local whs server ? im just trying to figure if its the same computer that showed these problems.

Quote:I've installed this on my win7 and it works now as expected with adapter hooks but gets weird results without.

hmm, i would like to see a throughput meter (netmon would do) against the minimeter (on dynamic setting) and the actual results.

Or if you switch on the debugging (help menu/admin use/debugging on/off) and then run an upload test , then send it to me using the option just under debugging on/off (send debug log). I shall have a look and see what i can see, although getting this upload to work for everyone has been such an unreachable goal for over a year now its driving me mad, iv got other people working on it now and there just as frustrated Undecided but yea id like to see what you have when the hooks are not on.

16-06-2012, 07:40 AM (This post was last modified: 16-06-2012 07:44 AM by tekmobile.)
(16-06-2012 07:23 AM)jackdinn Wrote:  
Quote:I also tried it (first time today) on windows home server and got a wrong password error
so when you say you tried it on whs and got the wrong pw error , was this on the same computer that it was showing consoleapplication1 crash TO your local server ? im just trying to figure if its the same computer that showed these problems.

Quote:I've installed this on my win7 and it works now as expected with adapter hooks but gets weird results without.

hmm, i would like to see a throughput meter (netmon would do) against the minimeter (on dynamic setting) and the actual results.

Or if you switch on the debugging (help menu/admin use/debugging on/off) and then run an upload test , then send it to me using the option just under debugging on/off (send debug log). I shall have a look and see what i can see, although getting this upload to work for everyone has been such an unreachable goal for over a year now its driving me mad, iv got other people working on it now and there just as frustrated Undecided but yea id like to see what you have when the hooks are not on.

Ive just tried now without adapter hooks and it worked normal so dunno this is on win7_64.

and no I got the consoleapplication error was also on win74_64

And on WHS it gives error (530) Not logged in I thought is said wrong pw my mistake.

on the WHS I really dont want to use adapter hooks because its what I use to auto download from usenet with sab/sickbeard/couchpotato combo connected to a drobo-fs via giga ethernet and when a download completes it transfers the finished file over the giga ethernet and really screws up the graph data.

I have sab/sickbeard and couchpotato running as a system service via srvany and if I can get jdast to work im going to try and use this as a system service via srvany

16-06-2012, 07:54 AM
so just to clarify , you have seen the consoleapplication1 error on a win7 comp
and a Not logged in when running it on your whs ?

so these 2 errors which stem from the same problem are on completely separate computers.

If this is the case i shall just go back to parsing the password in the arguments , cant say i didn't try but if your having trouble on 2 different comps then others must be as well.

btw :- The Not logged in error is the wrong password error so you were right in a way Smile

All i can say about the non-hook measurement is keep an eye on it, see if you can catch a log of a "bad" test for me.

Meanwhile i'll stick it back to sending the pw as argument and get a copy out a little later for you, (GF is play Diablo 3 on my main comp atm ^^)

Cheers.

16-06-2012, 07:59 AM
(16-06-2012 07:54 AM)jackdinn Wrote:  so just to clarify , you have seen the consoleapplication1 error on a win7 comp
and a Not logged in when running it on your whs ?

so these 2 errors which stem from the same problem are on completely separate computers.

If this is the case i shall just go back to parsing the password in the arguments , cant say i didn't try but if your having trouble on 2 different comps then others must be as well.

btw :- The Not logged in error is the wrong password error so you were right in a way Smile

All i can say about the non-hook measurement is keep an eye on it, see if you can catch a log of a "bad" test for me.

Meanwhile i'll stick it back to sending the pw as argument and get a copy out a little later for you, (GF is play Diablo 3 on my main comp atm ^^)

Cheers.

No rush im changing my site's source code so in the middle of writing one big sql file to make the database compatible so this is taking up quite a bit of my free time.

16-06-2012, 08:43 AM
perhaps you could give a quick description of this odd result when not using the hooks ? is it a large spike at the beginning of the test , a continuous high throughout the test , random high spikes during the test ? or are we talking lower results that it should be ?

16-06-2012, 10:08 AM
(16-06-2012 08:43 AM)jackdinn Wrote:  perhaps you could give a quick description of this odd result when not using the hooks ? is it a large spike at the beginning of the test , a continuous high throughout the test , random high spikes during the test ? or are we talking lower results that it should be ?

using netmeter the throughput was showing steady speed at 15Mb but jdast started at 15Mb then suddenly dropped to say 6Mb then spiked to 19Mb then dropped again then rose back to 15Mb.

my actual throughput in netmeter was 15Mb but jdast got a average of about 8Mb it could be just one of those things ive not seen it do it again since yesterday morning but ive been busy with this sql file so not paid much attention but the graph looks fairly normal apart from download being erratic from test to test but thats down to my wifi.

16-06-2012, 10:28 AM
ok cheers , well keep an eye on it and let me know if seen again,

I shall leave you to your database fun , not so much fun if you ask me , lol

will get you a fixed ver of jdast today (well the password problem anyhow) at some point.

Thx.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)