Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
RIPWIRE HAS CEASED TRADING
04-02-2012, 03:58 PM
In my view they must have known they were in financial trouble and must have been talking to Digital Region, and if they did they should not have taken on new customer's like Carolyn, knowing that they could be out of business soon if they had problems. In my opinion this says to me they had no respect for their customers, so I don't actually think they would provide a full statement themselves.

Ripwire were not listed as an ISP on Digital Region website yesterday, and nor listed as a partner for Arcus Technology who they entered partnership with last year.

Mirdragon
Forum Moderator

ISP: BT|Modem:HG612 (Modded)|Router: Smoothwall|Sync: 68Mbit/18Mbit
Network: HP Procurve|4 x TP-Link AP
Mobile: Nexus 4+6|Tab 3 8"|Asus VivoTab+Transformer TF101
Media Services: SkyHD|Xbox One|ChromeBox (OpenElec)|Samsung BDH6500|Youview|Netflix
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2012, 04:22 PM
I totally agree.
It's baffling that they would allow signups. I would expect a statement of some sort, whether its from RipWiRE or Digital Region

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-02-2012, 07:02 PM
well im stuck with a problem now and unsure who can sort it as everytime my home phone is used my internet cuts off. its been like it since i joined ripwire and i could never get through to support. what are my options now? will DR fix it for me? thanks for the warm welcome spencer m8
04-02-2012, 07:21 PM
well im stuck with a problem now and unsure who can sort it as everytime my home phone is used my internet cuts off. its been like it since i joined ripwire and i could never get through to support. what are my options now? will DR fix it for me? thanks for the warm welcome spencer m8

I know exactly what that problem is Tongue
Had this problem when I first signed up...After 4 DR enginers and 4 Openreach guys..the final ones from each area actually interacting with me...I eventually found the source of the issue.
The most likely issue is that DR has your SNR set at 3dB on your line. This is because of the distance between the DR cab and your premises is probably short (I can calculate if you want)...Because the SNR is low, it gives the line less room for error so when you get noise spikes (like when a phone call comes in or is made), your internet loses sync and reconnects again.
Ask them to set it to 9dB..you might lose maybe a couple of meg in speed downstream but your connection should be way better..If that doesn't solve it, theres an issue with the network (probably splitter card).

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
04-02-2012, 07:28 PM
right thanks for the info put who do i contact m8
04-02-2012, 07:29 PM
Your soon to be new DR provider if it continues to happen Smile

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
04-02-2012, 07:32 PM
right thanks very much for the help m8
05-02-2012, 01:46 AM
deadaimrob: I've had a similar issue on my line twice - Jan 2011 when I first connection to Ripwire and last weekend. The first time it was fixed after about a week. I was told that it was due to a poor connection in the cabinet - the wires were not 'kroned' (is that a word?) in correctly.Last weekend the problem started again after my DSL connection dropped for a few hours. When it reconnected, the problem with the line dropping whenever the phone was used had returned (after being absent for about a year). I raised a support ticket and the problem appeared to be fixed last Sunday, but at the expense of 3-4Mb - I think that they must have asked Thales/DR to increase the SNR on the line. I'm now getting 31Mb instead of the 34-35Mb I was getting before (although in the last few days my connection speed has been very erratic, probably due to the Ripwire issues - some speed tests today have been as low as 8Mb)
05-02-2012, 01:42 PM
thats for the info m8 im mjust waiting to find out whats happening with the switch over but i might give origen a ring today see if they can sort it.
05-02-2012, 02:46 PM
I am interested to see what happens in relation to the switch too. Depending on what the time frame is, who I'm moving over to (as I guess I won't have much control in that aspect?) will define whether I continue to stay on Digital Regions network.

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)