Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Xbox 360 on the DR network with Origin
27-06-2012, 06:55 PM (This post was last modified: 27-06-2012 07:06 PM by john22rob.)
Xbox 360 on the DR network with Origin
Hi all,

Are there any Xbox 360 users on Origin?

I am on the 24/10 package with Down speed of 22meg, up speed 7meg and Latency(ping) of 17ms.

For my sins I play Call of Duty MW3. My Problem is i can start shooting someone in the back and they can turn round and kill me first. I can camp in a corner and they will still kill me first. If I am running around and a player comes round the corner I am dead before I even get chance to press the trigger. There is some sort of lag. I can fire a full round of bullets and only get a hit marker. It is not positive it is not my aim.

At my previous address I was on Virgin Cable and I had no problems at all, it only took a couple of bullets to kill someone. At my current address I was with Plusnet up to 8meg and some days it was brilliant but most of the days it was Pi** poor.

On Origin it has been constantly poor.

Origin have given me my line stats as follows:

0.1Db impulse noise protection (protection on the line to increase stability. This is minimised to give lowest ping).
Target noise margin 6Db
Interleaving - 0 (there is no interleaving on this line)
electrical length - 9Db electrical measurment of 441m
Current sync down - 24.5Mb
Current sync up - 2.04Mb

Maximum attainable sync down - 70.2
Maximum attainable sync down - 15.6

Origin suggested:

1)I buy a new router with a Gig Lan, so I did but guess what? Xbox 360 doesn't have a gig Lan port. waste of money and made no difference.

2)upgrade to the 24/10 package from the 24/2 package at a cost of £25 and a new 18month contract. I was currently on a 12month and had been with them for 2months so it has increased my contract length by 8months. This too made no difference.

I have been on the phone lots of times to Origin and today I have been told there is nothing more they can do.

I also upgraded the BT face plate and all cables. With no difference.

Does anyone else have this problem or even have a solution?

I also took my Xbox to my parents who are on Virgin cable and to my nephews who is on talk talk and it worked fine. I also tried my Nephews Xbox at my house and it was still poor. I have also tried other Call of Duty Games.

Thanks all

[Image: john22rob.png]

http://www.quidco.com/user/1417009/232503
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-06-2012, 07:37 PM
RE: Xbox 360 on the DR network with Origin
I don't have any problems.

[Image: littlegreengeek.png]
27-06-2012, 09:13 PM
That always happens to me on FPS on any ISP, I assumed it was because I suck. LOL

However the few times I played other games on Xbox Live I didn't notice anything wrong.

Considering your latency is so low, I find it hard to believe its an Origin problem.

Could it be that you happen to be playing against a lot of people on Virgin and the link from Virgin to the rest of the Internet is much poorer than the link between Virgin customers?

[Image: alexatkin.png][Image: referral-ad-120x60.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-06-2012, 10:16 PM (This post was last modified: 27-06-2012 10:17 PM by john22rob.)
I understand what you are saying with the link between virgin but that would only make a difference if its a virgin person that has pulled host? In my experience of being with virgin is that they make very bad hosts when I become host it lags for people.

I pull host quite often now on Origin and its the same problem. MW3 have brought out 1vs1 2vs2 and 3vs3 and still with so few people it lags for me. host or not.

My kill/death ratio was just over 1.40 before joining Origin and that was on my crappy plusnet connection. its now 1.19 Every game my deaths seem to double my kills now where before it was other way round most of the time.

Origin are going to give me a different Cellpipe. This is the last piece of equipment to be changed.

27-06-2012, 11:39 PM
@john22rob

Daft question...
Your NAT open and properly port forwarded to the IP?

Also when your in the game, is there any folk with a bad connection with you?. if there is, that could be also a possible cause because everything has to attempt to sync with the lowest connection too regardless to how good yours is.
I assumed your Xbox is wired? (to rule out packet loss, wireless lag, etc)

The suggestions of going gig lan and upgrade your package is pointless as I don't think its the connection.

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-06-2012, 12:19 AM
yes, NAT is open and ports are forwarded for what the xbox uses. I connect through Ethernet but its no different from wireless.
ive also tried it by ethernet direct to the cellpipe and still the same problem.
MW3 removed the local option so that you can choose a UK only lobby but it didnt really work on the previous black ops when the option was there. my connection is full strength as long as it is a uk host. there is always usually at least one non uk player to which they will not have full connection. MW3 and most p2p type games have something called lag compensation to stop the host having an advantage but this has never been a problem in the past, unless like i said the host is a non uk player.

28-06-2012, 02:11 AM
I seriously doubt it's Origin at fault with the stats you've thrown at us and looking at your TBB line monitor looks great.

Have you tried any other games? Try playing on another device too if you have a PC or PS3 or something.. It may be a problem with your 360. I feel what is most likely the issue is that you are connecting to crappy connection gamers. Maybe you should organize a game with some folk on the forum? Most are on DRL so you can see if you're lagging or not. No complaints tho if you just suck WinkTongue

ISP: plusnet Router: Huawei EchoLife HG612 Speed: ~53Mb/13Mb PCP: ~500m Exc: Intake
28-06-2012, 05:24 PM (This post was last modified: 28-06-2012 06:21 PM by Alrik.)
If the problem is just with MW3 I can tell you for a fact it's not your connection because the game has been broken since launch and every patch they bring out to fix something they end up breaking something else entirely. It's a problem with the yours and other peoples game being out of sync with the host, I'll try to explain it as best I can, but I'm terrible at this sort of thing.

Basically let's say you and another guy start shooting each other at the exact same time, but all you get is hit markers on the guy and it seems like he kills you in 1 bullet with no red screen and you just drop dead without being able to fight back (sound familiar?) What's happening is that the other guy hasn't received an update from the host yet saying that you'd shot him so as a result all his hits are the ones that are counted and you just drop dead on your screen. You watch the killcam and it seems like your just sat there picking your arse or you're day dreaming and chasing butterflies without even firing your weapon.

In short it's nothing to do with your connection and it's pretty much all to do with the game, you just happen to be one of the ones on the bad side of the sync issue while others benefit from it and you've seen this by shooting people in the back and they just turn around and destroy you, they are the people on the good side of it. Upgrading your connection/equipment will not help until they actually fix the issue with their game.

(28-06-2012 12:19 AM)john22rob Wrote:  MW3 and most p2p type games have something called lag compensation to stop the host having an advantage but this has never been a problem in the past, unless like i said the host is a non uk player.

All online FPS have had lag compensation since the late 90's when it was created and the FPS games we know today would not function without it. Ask any old school PC gamers about playing Quake, Counter Strike and Unreal tournament back in the 90's when lag compensation wasn't around and a lot of people were on dial up, to get a kill you would have to lead your shots a few feet infront of the players character to get your hits to register.

It isn't to stop the host having an advantage like you've been led to believe it's so your kills will actually register when you shoot the guy on your screen and without it you would have to shoot ahead of him because on the hosts Xbox he will not be where you're shooting. Lag compensation isn't the reason your game sessions are being ruined, it's just the new term people like to throw around (you can thank youtube for that) when their games are out of sync with the host, In MW2 the term was crap hit detection because they got shot around corners with bending bullets.

All I can suggest is to try searching for no higher then
28-06-2012, 06:34 PM
i understand what you are saying Alrik but every game? i have tried mw2 and blackops but its the same story.
got the new(new to me) cellpipe and it was looking promising, the ping was more consistent was a constant 15ms with no change for about 10mins. booted up the xbox and joined the laggiest game ever. had about 6 games now.
got hit markers and died first as normal, i watch the kill cam and it shows i didnt even pull out my weapon!
The next thing i would like to try is a private match with a few DR customers. Is anyone up for it? it would be much appreciated. my username is john22rob.

28-06-2012, 06:58 PM
Yes every single game of MW3 is like this for me and I know exactly what you're going through and when it comes to MW3 it will be the game at fault. There is a 800+ page thread on their forums full of people from all over the world screaming at them about the same problem and it's been like this since November last year, it's a well known issue.

I can give you a quick private match but I don't think it will help since were both on DR and it's hardly comparable to Xbox Live when you're usually playing against French and Germans.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)