Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Anyone Contacted DR Today?
06-02-2012, 04:12 PM
I tried contacting them on my break today and I got the no comment stance. Sounds like to me its still being decided.
I also asked if we are migrated to new providers if the Cellpipe gets returned in for the new Router/Modem. They say this is down to the ISP an not them. Origin/LBO want to shed light?
I also contacted them regarding a service status page. I'm hoping to get some contact from their marketing team today or tomorrow.
In relation to RiPWiRE support. DR have advised they will happily take over support within office hours whilst the transition goes over. Hope this helps Smile

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2012, 04:51 PM
I contacted Origin earlier today

They said that they were waiting on the outcome of the meeting Ripwire were having (with legal bods) before taking any further official stance.

They hoped they would have some clarity by this evening.
Find all posts by this user
06-02-2012, 07:29 PM
Hi,

We will gladly help any RiPWiRE customer migrate to our services. We will provide a new router which is wireless N. We use VLANS and not PPPoE and the services are routed not bridged.

If anyone has any questions about their service, please get in touch.

littlebigone.com
06-02-2012, 08:01 PM
So does this mean a decision has been made?

And will customers have a choice of who they can go to or must they go with a particular company?

Mirdragon
Forum Moderator

ISP: BT|Modem:HG612 (Modded)|Router: Smoothwall|Sync: 68Mbit/18Mbit
Network: HP Procurve|4 x TP-Link AP
Mobile: Nexus 4+6|Tab 3 8"|Asus VivoTab+Transformer TF101
Media Services: SkyHD|Xbox One|ChromeBox (OpenElec)|Samsung BDH6500|Youview|Netflix
06-02-2012, 09:45 PM
Hi,

You have a choice which provider you want to go with. We would obviously love to help you out!

littlebigone.com
06-02-2012, 09:54 PM
Hi,

You have a choice which provider you want to go with. We would obviously love to help you out!

littlebigone.com

I've already left Digital Region and moved back to BT

But for users who are wondering what to do, will you?

Charge them for moving or will it be free?

Takeover their current contracts or make them take new 12/18 month contracts?

Also RiPWiRE provided unlimited, uncapped, no throttling and definitely no FUP or AUP, will you honor this if users migrated and you let them ride out their current contract?

These are just some of the questions that users will want to know

Mirdragon
Forum Moderator

ISP: BT|Modem:HG612 (Modded)|Router: Smoothwall|Sync: 68Mbit/18Mbit
Network: HP Procurve|4 x TP-Link AP
Mobile: Nexus 4+6|Tab 3 8"|Asus VivoTab+Transformer TF101
Media Services: SkyHD|Xbox One|ChromeBox (OpenElec)|Samsung BDH6500|Youview|Netflix
06-02-2012, 10:12 PM
Following a conversation today, I'm led to believe that whilstever the Ripwire service remains operational, you can only move to one of the other DR providers if you request it.

There may also be a 'migration' fee to pay in order to do so.

Once/if the Ripwire service ceases, the story may change, but that is a little less clear.

The reason for this was not completely transparent, but the suggestion was that whilst Ripwire had indeed ceased trading, there was still some legal wrangling going on (which is completely normal when a company ceases - owner ship of assets, etc is often in dispute). Due to this, Digital Region have taken the stance that effectively pushing people away from Ripwire, by either automatically transferring them, or offering transfer for free could be legally unwise, so they are not going take the risk.

So - you have the options:

1. Jump ship now, get transferred quickly if you go with another DR provider, but with a possible cost.

2. Wait to see what happens, effectively get the service for free for a while, and if the whole thing collapses (which looks likely), then arrange a transfer, which might take a while because there will be a few hundred also doing the same - there may also be a cost, but that wasn't clear in my conversation...

The one thing I'm not sure on (and didn't ask about) is contacts - Even if Ripwire has ceased trading, it may still exist as a legal entity, in which case, the contracts may still be binding - Particularly since the service hasn't ceased.

If you are still bound to a contract with Ripwire (that 12 month tie in), then you may get hit with a charge if you try and move away before either the contract expires or Ripwire negates the contract by ceasing to provide service.
06-02-2012, 10:47 PM
Hi,

If people would like to move, then then can call us and we will answer any questions they may have.

Any charges between Digital Region and an ISP are one thing, what we (ISPs) choose to charge customers is something different and down to an ISP.

Only each individual RiPWiRE customer can make a decision on what to do. If people want to move we can help them, if they want to wait then they can do that too.

littlebigone.com
06-02-2012, 11:03 PM
I'm actually typing up a post what I have officially found out today on this issue.

It could be a potentially a very lengthy one so bare with me!!

@LittleBigOne

Whilst it is indeed each users decision on what they wish to do in relation to this, I think you'll agree that it's not something which should be rushed!, especially when they could be put into new contracts

@SmokinLoads

I have ket my direct debit open with them just to ensure my service keeps ticking over as a gesture of goodwill.

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-02-2012, 11:09 PM
Hi,

Agreed, it's up to each person oif they want to move now or wait. We were just making the point that if people want to move becasue they are concerned, they can do now.

littlebigone.com
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)