Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
RiPWiRE Migration Update 9/2/12
06-02-2012, 11:59 PM (This post was last modified: 18-02-2012 10:54 AM by SpencerUk.)
In an effort to keep everyone updated and to stop repeated calls (to Digital Region and ISP's) and posts being made, I have been liaising with Origin and Digital Region to get the latest updates in what's happening with the RIPWiRE situation on behalf of all its users.

From Origin's communications with Digital Region today, they have been advised that any RIPWiRE customer wanting to immediately migrate to Origin or another ISP on the network, they will have to pay a fee of £50. This is because of the legal stuff going off in the background and that migrations still have to follow the normal process. I have queried this cost and it's due to the admin paperwork and other manual work needed at Digital Regions side to make the change happen. I've asked Origin if they would be prepared to subsidise the cost of this but the £50 fee cannot be totally absorbed and they already contribute something towards it (something around £25). I have suggested some ideas how to make this a little less harsh on the pocket and Origin will take it under consideration (Can't tell you what it is, sorry!). This is Origins stance on the matter although LittleBigOne, Ask4 & UniTel (Formerly Lyndos) may differ. If they have any offers they would like to put there, by all means bring them forward in a respectable manner.

I've asked Origin what happens in respect to the current contract agreement we have with RiPWiRE, whether we migrate over to the new provider in 30 day rolling contracts or it's a new 12/18 month. This has not been clarified as of yet.
Nothing has currently been decided yet from today's meeting with the ISP's (unless something has happened late this evening) and it make take some time yet before full details are ironed out especially when there is so much to discuss (direct debit payments, etc). As soon as I get any communication, I'll let everyone know.

In the meantime, I understand that Digital Region themselves will offer RiPWiRE users technical support on connection issues for the time being. This is offered during office hours. Please do not contact alternate ISP's for connectivity assistance.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I will try to answer them as best I can. If I can't answer it, I'll point them to the relevant direction.

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
[Image: 3552242034.png][Image: 3740977595.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2012, 12:32 AM
Thanks for the info - sounds like it has been a hectic day
It will be interesting to see how this pans out. I received an email from Origin on Friday offering me free transfer to them. This was before I heard about the RiPWiRE issues. I agreed to their offer and returned the signed order forms straight away (this was for a new 12 month contract - my 12 months with RiPWiRE was up on 31st Jan 2012). I haven't heard anything from Origin since, but I'm guessing they've been quite busy!
Find all posts by this user
07-02-2012, 10:30 AM
Update 7/2/12
This has been posted by Liam on his announcement post.
"Dear RiPWiRE Customers,
I am very pleased to announce that we have today signed a deal with ASK4 to migrate our Digital Region customers over to their network.
I would like to thank you for bearing with us through this time. ASK4 will shortly be in touch to take you through the migration process. This is expected to be transparent and should not result in any loss of service as there is no requirement for a change of equipment.
If you have any questions relating to the migration please contact ASK4 support team on [email protected] or 0845 123 8710 or text help to 07797800545.
There is an internal briefing at ASK4 at 9:30 today, I'm sure you can understand that there are lots of technical details need to be covered so if you can bear with ASK4 until after that briefing it would be much appreciated.
Liam Winder
Managing Director
RiPWiRE"

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
07-02-2012, 10:34 PM
Update 21:30
As you now should know, Ask4 is taking over RiPWiRE's service.
I've set up an FAQ on this here

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
09-02-2012, 11:39 PM
Update 9/2/12
Statement from Ask4
"We are now entering phase two of the migration. We have a plan in place and will aim to start moving customers to our network from the 20th of February. We are now aiming to contact each customer again starting this evening and continuing over the weekend.
Again, we are aiming for this to be as smooth a migration as possible and with little to no downtime. Any questions that are still outstanding, please call our support team on 0845 123 8710, we want to make this as easy as possible for you."

Regards
Spencer Davies
Administrator
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)