Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Which ISP is best for pushing new technologies etc
29-01-2013, 05:11 PM
Which ISP is best for pushing new technologies etc
Wanting to leave Ask4, and wondered if anyone has any idea on who is a good ISP to go with Origin and LBO are quite active on Twitter and have both advised be come come over Smile

However I like to be involved in trials and test etc, Ask4 did a 80/20 trial a while back but they have ceased this, also would be nice to jump on some IPv6 trials too if anyone is doing them.

Any info?

Thanks.

Router: Draytek 2850n ISP: Ask4 (was: 65.96Mb/15.60Mb, now: 38.9Mb/9.40Mb Confused) / Plusnet (10.56Mb/0.74Mb)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2013, 05:33 PM
RE: Which ISP is best for pushing new technologies etc
Both @Originb and @littlebigone offer the faster speeds, Max or Ultrafast being the terms used by them respectively.

Origin did trial with some customers before going live but I didn't hear anything about LBO doing a trial beforehand. That's not to say they didn't but there wasn't any discussion about it on here.

Origin have been a lot more proactive on these forums, which isn't hard compared to LBO's zero activity since June of 2012 which gives the impression of them being more on the ball.

Out of the 2 I'd say Origin are more likely to offer such things as they certainly appear to have more passionate and proactive customers too. The Origin part of the forum is more than twice as active as the littlebigone part.

ISP: Plusnet | Router: Mikrotik 2011UAS-2HnD-IN | Sync: 50Mbit/15Mbit | PCP: 600m | Exchange: Mosborough
Server: HP Microserver, Aspire V5-171
PC: MacBook Pro, ThinkPad X220
OD: Plex, Chromecast, Roku 2 XS, NowTV, YouView, PS4
Mobile: iPad, LG G3, Nexus 5

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-01-2013, 07:28 PM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2013 07:30 PM by john1.)
RE: Which ISP is best for pushing new technologies etc
Don't know about trials, but I've been with origin for about 9 months and I can't fault them.

I had an issue at first because plusnet cut me off a week early, Origin dropped a dongle round that evening so I could get back online.

Then I got a new pc and had a upload speed issue believe me they went above and beyond to try and sort it, turned out to be a flippin windows issue.

I can only speak for myself but the customer service has been second to none
Find all posts by this user
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

• View a Printable Version
  • Send this Thread to a Friend
  • Subscribe to this thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)