JD's Auto Speed Tester / logger / grapher
02-06-2012, 04:33 PM
RE: JD's Auto Speed Tester / logger / grapher
cool , i think that'll do

again many many thx for all your help so far we just need to do the error catching for it and redo the configurations and i think were done Big Grin

drink in post , lol , Big Grin

cheers.

[Image: livetag_jackgreg999000.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2012, 11:06 AM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2012 11:35 AM by jackdinn.)
here we go then, with all fingers crossed this will be the final method for the upload testing. It should work for everyone no matter how fast there connection.

I have removed the method switch at the top of the upload setting as there is now just the one method.

Please could a couple of people give this a go for the day.

We decided on using C# in the end and this does need .NET v4, i have included a checker & installer for it but most people have it installed nowadays anyhow.

You might need to increase your clipping time to about 4-5 secs but have a tinker and see how you go.

Please let us know how you all get on.

many thx to you all for your help with this (especially the people who have done most of the testing with us)
Cheers.

14-06-2012, 05:57 AM
[Image: testpic.png]

What about a "live" picture that can be set to upload to an ftp server after each test where it would reside as the same file name thus giving the ability to post to forums etc a "live" pic / sig.

Im not sure if it would be feasible to use our servers but might be , could have options for the user to choose there own if they wanted.

kinda tinkering with the idea , iv done the above pic already, its just a concept layout , colours, background etc atm but its enabled me to test if the idea would work at the local end and it looks like it prob would as it takes about 300ms to generate the pic and save it as a .png, the upload can be done in the background so does look do'able.

What you chaps think ?

14-06-2012, 06:06 AM
(14-06-2012 05:57 AM)jackdinn Wrote:  [Image: testpic.png]

What about a "live" picture that can be set to upload to an ftp server after each test where it would reside as the same file name thus giving the ability to post to forums etc a "live" pic / sig.

Im not sure if it would be feasible to use our servers but might be , could have options for the user to choose there own if they wanted.

kinda tinkering with the idea , iv done the above pic already, its just a concept layout , colours, background etc atm but its enabled me to test if the idea would work at the local end and it looks like it prob would as it takes about 300ms to generate the pic and save it as a .png, the upload can be done in the background so does look do'able.

What you chaps think ?

Good idea allowing for us to use our own servers would be good

[Image: livetag_409452.png]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)